Chapter 9

POINT OF VIEW
THIRD PERSON

Jennie stares at the screen before her, reading through every line displayed. She thought that if she doesn't do this now, she won't get enough time to finish it. She was conflicted with everything that's going on and couldn't think straight. She'll probably lose her mind anytime soon if this doesn't end yet.

As she looks at the black and white pictures, she couldn't help but wonder who killed her father. If it wasn't actually Lisa like she claimed, it has to be someone she somehow knows. Using her critical thinking, she remembered the story Lisa told her that night.

"I did remember bringing him in a middle of abandoned country side but believe me or not, I never shot his head or slashed his neck."

She reads the content of the article about her father's final investigation.

There are a few items found in the scene but none of them seemed to be used as a weapon. However, the bullet found in his head belongs to a Colt .45 caliber pistol and the weapon used to cut his throat was the usual pocket knife anyone could have.

Questions flood her mind.

First of all, where would she find that killer just by the gun that was used? For all she knows, there are hundreds of people who owns exactly the same gun in the whole South Korea. That's a rough lead to go in to. Secondly, she doesn't know how to start this by herself.

She slumps and lets out a heavy sigh. Just when she thought doing this would make her feel a little better after all that drama with Lisa. Her heart was still heavy and her guilt eating her up.

Maybe if she didn't initiate that deal, maybe Lisa wouldn't push it actually through. She was the one who thought of ending their contact with each other once it's all over but now that Lisa accepted it, she wants to take it back.

She knows why she made it and it's to stop having more bigger problems. She has already sinned enough, she just wanted to try and stop herself.

But it affected more than it should have.

Jennie unknowing slams her fist on the table, making the laptop jump. She slaps her forehead with an annoyed groan. She can still remember how she ran with Jisoo and Rosé outside the house when she was crying.

To be honest, Rosé didn't seem to be so surprised to see her like that. She just got used to it at some point but Jisoo isn't. She knows her friend stormed inside and possibly punched Lisa in the face since that's how she is.

Well, only to Lisa.

Jisoo was never a violent person, she's a person who likes to talk things through than do it with blood. She's a nice person but her whole personality just changes when she sees Lisa.

The brunette closes her eyes and tries to relax, when a pair of gentle hands caress her shoulders and gave them a mild massage.

"You look stressed,"

Jennie shakes her head, "I think I am," she says and opens her eyes slowly, looking at the person towering her from behind. "Sorry for that, I just got carried away." she puts her hand above his.

She decided to stay in Taehyung's house to get her mind off the gutter, using his laptop in his room for some pointless research.

"That's alright, the table looks fine." he jokes and chuckles before going down to lower himself between her legs. "Do you want coffee?"

"No, I'm good." she touched his jaw, caressing his cheek with her thumb. She suddenly heard Lisa's voice again, making flashbacks in her head.

"Have a date with your boyfriend and tell him you love him. That poor guy loves you a lot,"