Chapter 30

Happy Valentines Day

NEW CHAPTER

Charlie

      We were back in the central area where all the alphas and lunas were. The tension between Damon and I was thick and inviting. I had to fight everything in me to grab him, take him to the room, and screw the rest of this meeting week. I honestly don't find it necessary for us to be here; I am mean, we are the King and Queen, right? So why would we go through these dumb training sessions? "I don't know why I'm here." I sighed out in frustration to Layla. She laughed slightly and turned to me. "I understand. But look, Charlie, we might be royalty, and I know it seems like we make the rules, but we don't."

      "You see, my family is from a long line of Kings that date as far back as when we were created. There have been multiple types of kings and queens throughout the years. What I mean by that, as a society, Lycans and werewolves have tried numerous ways of ruling. Whether that be a different King in each country or having a werewolf king and then a Lycan king separately, any combination you could think of, they tried. But the main problem that kept occurring and why the system kept failing was because the King felt he was above. Technically yes, in a pack, there is a leader. But a pack is still a pack. No one is better than the other regardless of title."

      "Our ancestors decided years ago that the only way to maintain peace, consistency, and growth is to have the King be reminded that he doesn't know everything. That's why you are here. Because regardless of how powerful and knowledgeable Damon is, he still can know more. And sometimes, it's nice to be humbled and be normal for once. For the longest time, I was the taken sister. No one took the time to get to know me until I came here, and it was normal. I mean, of course, after Damon yelled at them." We both laughed at that.

      "I understand what you're saying," I responded to her. It all made sense. I mean, Damon was so humble for a King. That's one thing I loved about him. "I'm happy you both figured everything out," Layla said as she grabbed my arm. "Honestly, I think after all you went through to get here was to make your relationship stronger." Layla turned me and looked me in my eyes, and I could tell just how serious she was. "I can see why the moon goddess paired you two."

     That small saying made my heart pound and filled my body with love. I finally feel accepted into the family, and I can finally see Layla in a different light. I could see her becoming my sister, and it's exciting to feel. To my surprise, I looked over to see where Damon was, and he was already looking at me. 

      This rush came in through my entire body, and I was immediately filled with heat again. I could see Layla turn to me and lift her eyebrow at me as she looked between the both of us. "You've got to be fucking kidding." I turned to her, breaking the intense eye contact with Damon and I. "You decided to come here, and you're in heat?" I sat there in shock. 

     "Okay, you two need to go upstairs now. And not come back down until your heat is done." I looked at her confused as she looked around the room, panicked. "What do you mean?"

     "You wreck! Horny has a smell, you know. And it's leaking from both of you. And if I can tell then, all the unmated wolves are going to also. This means that they are going to either try and mate with you or with Damon." She said as she was pushing me out of the room slowly. "I don't care how long it takes, even if you're not here for the rest of the trip. I don't care. Fix it." At this point, I am standing outside the banquet hall, and I could see Oliver talking with Damon. Damon turned towards me, and his eyes went dark, and I could feel the tension.