Chapter 18

Charlie

 Last night was the worst I had slept in a very long time. I maybe got two hours of sleep. Mostly because I was crying, or restless. I woke up more tired than I was when I went to sleep. I guess it's the stupid mate pull, now that I have slept with Damon in the same bed it gets harder and harder to be away from each other. Well at least on my end. 

I thought maybe we were getting somewhere. I got out of bed and threw on some comfy clothes. I didn't put my hair up before I went to bed and I regret it so badly. It was insane. I sighed in frustration and grabbed some water to spray it down and then put it up in a bun.

I headed toward the kitchen to make myself some breakfast since I hadn't eaten last night. Damon sitting at the counter with a cup of coffee slouched over the counter. He heard me and he sat up his eyes immediately locking with mine, he had bags under his eyes, I guess he didn't sleep either. 

"Hey. Can we talk?" I just walked into the kitchen pouring my cup of coffee and facing it in front of him. At first, I didn't want to talk with him at all, I was hurt by him.

"I'm sorry about last night. I should have told you what was going on. I tried to come and tell you. But I couldn't leave. I got caught up in some issues with the pack. And I should have told you about what was going on. Would you just hear me out?" I stay silent and waited in response as I stirred the coffee. 

"I found my sister." 

"Sister? I didn't know you had a sister." What the hell is happening?

"Yeah. When I was younger we used to be a happy family. Or so I thought. My parents, Tyler, me, and Layla. Layla is a Lycan like me and before any of us knew what Lycans were. Tyler could tell he was different from us and he was jealous. He always had some evil about him, something dark." 

"He hid my sister away from my family and got me sent away with Stephen. And yesterday we were in the hospital talking with her, and we found some very interesting information about what my brother has been platting. We were planning our next move and I just let the time get ahead of us. I'm sorry I just lost track of time, and I should have just let you know what was happening. I'm sorry. Please forgive me, I will make it up to you Charlotte I swear." 

I could see how serious he was and how he meant every word. I put down my mug and ran up to him and hugged him. 

"You should have told me. I thought that you ditched me and you were second-guessing being my mate." I started to feel the tears roll down my cheeks. He ran to me and picked me up and picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. 

"No, I would never do that! Look at me. I am not Tyler, I'm not like anyone at your old pack. You're my love, my life, my heart, my world, my everything. I will make it up to you and be the best mate you deserve." 

We stayed like that for I don't know how long. Just in each other's embrace. I loved being with him. 

"I want you to meet her today. Layla. I want her to meet someone close to her age. And of course my mate. And she wants to meet you. Talk to you about something she won't tell me about."  I looked up at him and his beautiful smile, his eyes were beaming with hope waiting for my answer. 

"Yeah, I would like that." 

I got up from his lap and he stood up and headed toward the fridge. 

"But first breakfast. Toast and orange juice? We should go into town later and go grocery shopping." I turned around and smirked at him. He walked over and kissed me on the head and wrapped his