Chapter 5

Charlie

Two weeks later

 After that night at dinner, I truly did throw my worries out the door. I hadn't thought about Tyler, I hadn't heard from Sadie either. Maybe she was confused? It had been a long time since I had heard from her. Or maybe she was talking about Kenny, I knew he wasn't my mate so there's no reason for her to freak out like that. One thing that was new that I was excited about was that Kenny had asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. There was no reason to say no.

Right?

 "Hey, babe...which shirt?" Kenny asked. He held up a plain dark gray button-up and a black V-neck. 

"Go with the V-neck." He grabbed the shirt and put the other one away, he walked up to me and kissed me on my forehead, and walked to the bathroom to shower.

"I will be back," I yelled to him and I walked out of the room to the kitchen to get a quick snack before we left. 

I turn around and run into a giant muscular wall, and by the tingles, I felt when we collided I knew exactly who it was. But this time they were even more intense. They were never like this before. They were barely even there. I looked up to meet his blue eyes, and he was staring down at me. And it was obvious he felt the same because he just stared back. 

"Hi," I said breaking the silence. 

"Hello." He said as coldly as he possibly could. 

I went to move away because it was obvious that he didn't want to talk to me. This was the first time I had seen him since the incident in the kitchen and it was awkward. Awkward. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back in front of him. I snatched my arm out of his hand, I didn't like him touching me regardless of how it felt when he did.

"I heard that you and Kenny are dating?" He asked a question, but if he heard that then there was no need for me to answer. 

"Yes we are and why?" I ask as coldly as he did. 

"I was just wondering." I moved around him, annoyed that he stopped me like that for something the already knew.

"Look, you might as well reject me since we both want nothing to do with each other," I said not meeting his eyes, I was just focused on my snack. 

"Plus we barely had a bond anyways," I added, but he didn't like that. He growled lowly and I turned to him and his eyes were turning black. 

"Okay never mind. I shouldn't have said that. Sorry."

"I'm not doing that." He said sternly. 

"Fine, I will." Might as well get it over with here and now. 

"I Charlotte --" And in a flash of light he was in front of me covering my mouth, stopping me from saying it. I pushed his hand off of my face and moved away. 

"What's your deal? Im just doing what we both want." I yelled at him. 

"It's not what I want," Tyler yelled back, his voice booming through the castle. I stayed quiet because I didn't know what to say at this point. 

"I ended things with Harley and I want to apologize to you for being so stupid and for being such a dick to you because of you being an omega. I should have never called you that stupid name. It was immature and I knew it would make you feel insecure. I want you to know that I will do everything in my power to make it up to you and make you fall in love with me and make you mine, starting now." 

All I could was stare at him, what was his strange change in attitude? There's no way his attitude just changed overnight. But it hasn't been just overnight. It's been weeks. So many things were going through my mind. 

"What's going on down here?" Kenny asked walking into the kitchen and wrapping his arm around me. Tyler tensed at that but it made Kenny's chest fill with pride. 

"Just having a conversation with my mate," Tyler said so easily and it annoyed me. We were far from mates. We will never be mates. 

 "Tyler, you rejected her remember?" Kenny said squeezing onto me tighter it slowly started to hurt. I tried to pull away but it made him hold tighter. Like he was proving that I was his. But why? As long as I knew why did it matter if Tyler was being an idiot?

"I never rejected her," Tyler growled lowly shaking the room and scaring me. 

"Well, it was close enough," Kenny said the same way. His claws slowly started to extend and because he gripped me, it started to go into my side. 

"Kenny, you're hurting me. Let go."

 But he wasn't worried about me, his focus was on Tyler. I kept trying to pull away but Kenny was extremely strong. By this time I could feel the blood that was slowly going down my side but neither of them noticed. Could they not smell my blood?

"She said to let her go!" Tyler yelled as I was starting to get dizzy from the blood loss. 

"Kenny please," I screamed in his ear this time, trying to get him to pay attention to me. 

"SHUT UP CHARLIE!" He yelled at me causing me to sit and stare at him in surprise. 

I couldn't even cry, I was just in shock. He's never yelled at me like that before, what the hell was wrong with him? The tears started streaming down my face, I was in a heaping amount of pain and neither of them seemed to notice...still. 

"Charlie stop crying you're making things worse." He said gritting through his teeth, he stared down Tyler with a death glare and Tyler repeated the same look toward him.

Everything started to get blurry and by this point, the boys were almost in their full wolf form. My ears were out fangs and hanging fur showing and Kenny's claws still digging into my side. I slowly started seeing nothing but darkness cascade around my vision and I can feel myself lose my footing and go, limper and limper. 

I heard them start to yell but I couldn't make out any of the words. Finally, Kenny noticed what was happening and he pulled his claws out of my side and held me in my arms. I saw his blurry figure hover over me and I could feel him scrambling to find something that would stop the bleeding. Then, one second I was there. The next I was gone.

*

*

*

*

________________________________________________________________________________

Until the next...