Chapter 12

Charlie

The smell of wood and cinnamon apple hit my nose as I started to move around in bed. At first, I was confused about why it smelled so good in my room. But then I opened my eyes to see that I wasn't in my bed or my room. I was in Damon's bed, in his room, in his clothes. 

 What happened last night? I slowly sat up and my head started throbbing, I was in so much pain that I couldn't think straight. I looked around Damon's room, it was beautiful, and his style fits him. His bed was a King, with white sheets and a gray comforter. His walls were cream and the carpet was the purest with I'd ever seen.

 I need to keep a mental note to never eat in here. He had mahogany doors and dressers that contrasted with the lightness of the room. A light gray couch in the corner next to the patio doors leads to a fantastic view of the entire property. And let's not forget the huge TV in front of his bed.

I heard one of the doors start to open and turned to see who was coming in. I realized it was to the bathroom because of all the steam that came out as soon as the door opened. And just like that, my head stopped throbbing and was filled with completely different thoughts. He walked out in a gray towel hanging dangerously low on his hips, showing his very prominent v-line. His 8-pack was out on display for me to see with water dripping down his chest. His hair wet and sloppy on his head made him look even better than before if that's possible. 

 He hadn't noticed I was awake yet, he had put a towel over his head to dry it and started talking towards the closet. 

"Good afternoon." He spoke from the closet. I thought he didn't even see me. 

"Afternoon?" I whispered to myself and looked over to the nightstand and saw that it was 2:00 in the afternoon. 

What the hell happened? And why can't I remember anything? Damon walked back out and he was wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt and he came and sat near me on the bed, staring deep into my eyes. 

"How are you feeling?"

 "My head hurts...what happened last night?" I asked him. He looked just as confused as me when I said that. 

"You don't remember?" He lifted his hand and pushed one of my thick curls out of my face and put it behind my ear. 

"I remember my mom and her mate, and I remember us sitting down for dinner, and then I remember us taking. But then that's it." 

I could tell he was contemplating whether he should tell me or not. Must have been pretty bad then.

"We were attacked last night, by a shit ton of rogues led by my brother. And ordered to kill me and take you so that Tyler could be king." My jaw dropped, there's no way. 

"Tyler? He wouldn't do that? Why would he do that to you? You're his family."

"Family means nothing to him." He seemed to say that more to himself than to me. I wanted to know why he would say that but I didn't want to push it.

 "A rogue got a hold of you and thankfully I got there in time but that's why your head hurts. I couldn't stop him from hurting you, and for that, I am so sorry." He looked deep into my eyes when he said that. He looked so defeated that he couldn't protect me. I grabbed his hands in mine and pulled him closer. 

"Thank you." I felt like that was all that I needed to say, and I saw his entire attitude change. 

"But how did I get here?" I asked him.

 "I brought you here to make sure that you would be okay. There is no way I am letting you out of my sight again. Or at least until I figure out this whole thing and I know that the world is safe for you."