Chapter 14

Damon

 "Trey, I heard it again. Tell Robert to look where he wants, but we are staying here to figure this out."

 Trey nodded and mind-linked Robert back and told him to investigate without us.  I followed the knocking it was coming from the cave-like structure, but I had no idea how it was coming from there. 

"I need your help to start tearing down these branches and leaves. I think the knock is coming behind here." 

Trey and I started to tear down the branches. No matter how much we grabbed, there still was so much left. Part of me wanted to give up but right before I did, I saw something shine. I started to move faster and tear down more and more to find a huge metal door. 

"What is this? And why is it here?" 

I ignored Trey's question and I just had a feeling that Layla was here. I finally was able to move enough branches out of the way and found a handle, I pulled but found out it was locked. And that's when I heard the knock again, a little bit louder this time. It was coming from behind the metal door. She was here. 

I started to pull and it wouldn't budge it was bolted tight. 

"Trey I need you and your Lycan to help me pull this open."

 Trey came and put his hands on the door and both of us used our strength and the strength of our Lycans. And just like that, we were able to pull the door wide open. I looked in the cave and all I saw was black, I was starting to think that maybe I was hallucinating the knocking, but Trey heard them too. Right?

I waited just a couple more minutes and still nothing. I didn't see anything. I didn't see or hear anything besides rocks below my feet. Maybe it was the rocks falling from above that created knocking. 

But as soon as I was about to walk away I heard the slightest whimper and heard something moving towards me. 

Then I saw her. 

She still had her long black curls that were so long that they reached right above her hips. Her brown skin wasn't as brown it was lighter probably from the lack of sunlight. Her eyes were still as bright green as they were before, physically I could see she was around 5'10 you could tell that she was a Lycan. 

Now Christina wasn't the only woman Lycan. Layla was here. She had cuts and bruises all over her body, I could tell Tyler to beat her and by the looks of it barely feed her too. She was chained by silver at her feet and wrists. She looked at me and her eyes were full of confusion, and then realization.

"Day? Is that you?" She said, her voice croaky and dry, I can tell she hasn't spoken in a few days. But the way she talked I could tell that Tyler just talked to her some bit, for her to sound so...mature. 

"Layla." I ran to her and ripped off the chains as fast as possible without hurting myself too much. 

I tried grabbing her and pulling her out, but she wouldn't budge. I stepped slightly and the last bit of sun that was still up shined onto her and immediately burned her skin. Layla hissed and retreated more into the cave hiding from the sun.

 "We have to wait until the sun is gone, she is not used to the light. When the sun goes down we will take her to our pack doctor. Tell the others we found her." I yelled to Trey while I stayed in place and looked at her. 

I took a seat by Layla in the cave. Looking at the sun's position in the sky I could tell it was about 2 in the afternoon so we had some time. Hopefully, tonight won't be a long sunset. 

Layla and I stayed staring at each other, neither said a word. What do you say to your sister who you thought ran away from your family but was held captive by your brother this whole time? Exactly. I waited a little longer but I couldn't take the silence anymore, there was so much I needed to know.