Chapter 17

Damon

 I just left my Alpha wing and headed toward the infirmary where my sister was being taken care of. Trey, Robert, and I headed back to the infirmary to check on Layla and make sure she was okay. We had to admit her to make sure was okay. Plus she was talking crazy especially after we found her. 

We needed answers as to what she meant by what she said. That I was ruining everything. I walked into the room, and the only ones allowed to see her were myself, Trey, and her doctor. And with an unfortunate turn of events turned out to be her mate. Which she wasn't too pleased about. Oliver was the pack doctor for my pack and I promoted him here, he was great at his job. 

No matter how hard he tried to talk her Layla she resisted, but he won't going to give up on her. Good. 

"Good morning," I said as I sat down in the chair next to her bed. She barely acknowledged my presence. She just stayed facing forward, completely ignoring me.

 "Okay, this again? Look, I can't help you if you don't talk to me. What don't I know?" I leaned forward and rested my hands on the edge of her bed. Still nothing. 

"You can't believe that Tyler did that to protect you? There was no way he knew you were a Lycan before he hid you. And you're defending him?" I questioned in anger. 

"I am not defending him! But I was safer in that cave than I am sitting in this hospital room!" Finally something. 

"Why do you think that!" I yelled back at her. 

"They are coming for me! For Christina! For the children, you'll have." 

Silence fell over us and I waited for her to finish. 

"Do you think that attack was the only thing Tyler had planned? He's smarter than you think. He knew it was going to fall. He knew you were going to lock him up. He knew that you were going to come looking for me. Do you think I was in that cave all my life and yet somehow no one managed to find me?"

 I looked at her confused but I still listened. "He moved me there. That's not where he was hiding me. He placed me there for a reason." 

"Listen, Damon, I haven't been hiding. I've been with the leader of the rogues." Disgust filled my face when she said that.

 "The rogue king?" I yelled out at her. 

"Before you freak out, Tyler sold me to them some time ago. Didn't even occur to you why I talk so well, why I am so strong? If I was locked up for that long I would have serious brain damage." I guess she is right when it came to that. 

"Look, I stayed with them and I was convinced that they were the good guys, I was on their side. I participated in meetings and made plans in taking the throne. I didn't know any better. But that's when Tyler messed up. I heard him and the rogue king in the office talking about me being a part of the plan, and how after they got what they wanted they were going to kill me. Not only did I trust Tyer, but I was also in love with Devin." Her eyes cast down to her hands as she reminisced. 

"The rogue king?" I whispered to her. She just nodded.

"Tyler still has no idea that I know what's happening, but I think he is catching on slightly. Since I didn't protest in leaving when he blindfolded me and took me back to the place he first hid me. There's much more I need to tell you but I think it'd be best if mom and dad were here to hear it too. Plus whoever else is under you. The battle is just beginning." 

•••••

My mother and father rushed to the room as quickly as they could. Trey and Robert joined and we let Layla continue telling us what Tyler was up to. 

"Now, I'm not saying that this will still happen, for all I know the plan could have changed."

"Here's what I know. Tyler has been watching you. For years. He's known where you have been since you left. How? I have no idea. But he has. Look, he wants the crown badly and is willing to do what he wants to get it. Meaning killing the people the most important to you to give up the crown." 

"You mean Charlie, and you?" Robert asked, his eyes locked on her, following her every word. 

"No, me, and Christina." 

"Christina why her?" Trey was filled with anger and looked at me confused, I mean that was his mate after all. 

"I don't know." I lied through my teeth, this was not the time to be exposing secrets to each other. 

"Continue Layla."

"We are the only female Lycans, which means us being mated to Lycan men will create the most powerful Lycans on earth you realize that? Do you think that Stephen was able to recruit every single Lycan over the years to join you in hiding? The rogue king has Lycans working with him. They want Christina and me so they can breed us. They want an aLlycan army. So they can take over the royal line. And right now they are steps ahead of us, and way closer than you think."

We spent the rest of the day talking about tactics and plans that we could make to get ahead of them. I had gotten so wrapped up in tactical plans that I lost track of time...I lost track of time. 

"I have to go," I told everyone as I tried to get up and leave, but Layla grabbed my hand and held me to her bed. 

"You can't leave."

"We have to make plans. Now." Layla was stern and I knew I should stay but I promised Charlie. 

"She'll understand," Trey whispered to me. 

"I have to at least tell her." I tried to. leave but Robert stood up and blocked the door. 

"We can't risk. She's got to wait." I was getting extremely angry at the fact that they wouldn't let me see my mate. I needed to see her. She's going to believe that I forgot about her. 

"Can't you just text her? Or call her?" My mother suggested, but my face fell. I didn't have her number. I needed to fix that. 

"Please. I have to go." 

"No." No? Oh hell no.

*

*

*

*

*