The Assassin's Princess ⚔️

*Trigger warning for SA (does not explicitly describe [duh that would be gross] but it does mention it.
————————————————————————

There she was across the dance floor sitting in her throne next to her mother. I knew what I was sent to do. I had to kill her, I'd tried three times already, I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill such a beautiful woman, I wanted her, but princess can't marry girls.

I know I had hated her months ago when I was in the depths of the rebellion. But their hold was slowly losing its grasp on me. They took me and my sister in when we were children but as I grew older I started to see the cracks in their ideology. But I had to kill her if I didn't they would kill me, and if they killed me they would throw my sister out. I can't imagine what she would have to do if I was gone, I couldn't let her. So I had to kill the princess.

I sat at a table and took a swig of wine, I was going to need it to go through with my plan. A servant walked up to me. "I beg your pardon madam, but Her Royal Highness Princess Attia requires your presence in her private rooms. It would do me a great honor if I might escort you." He said, I nodded. I followed him to a door, "Here you are miss, I trust you can find your way from here." He quickly turned and walked down the corridor. I opened the door she was sitting at a piano. She didn't hear me come in. I could so easily kill her, I could stab her from behind and it would be all over, but I couldn't. "Ah Brencie, how lovely to see you." She said "Oh drop the royal bs, you sound so pretentious." "Oh and you're so much better, you've failed to kill me three times, and this time I practically handed it to you. I know what they'll do to you if you don't kill me. I know what they'll do to your sister." I gasped "How do you know about my sister." "I have eyes everywhere darling," she said standing up her black dress swaying. "Maybe I should do them a favor, kill you, then they'd only have to deal with your little brat sister, Rose." I saw red I didn't care who she was anymore if anyone hurt my sister I would kill them. I lunged at her and skillfully pinned her against the wall even though she was taller and stronger than me. I held my dagger against her throat. Then I'm an instant I was against the wall with my own dagger against my throat. "Pathetic" she said as she pinned me to the wall. "You could have killed me, but you didn't, why? Either you're weak or stupid. But I don't think that's it." She said feigning confusion. "Could little Brencie have a little crushie whushie." "Stop," I said staring right into her eyes. "Please don't kill me, I-I have to take care of my sister, she's only seven. I can't let what happened to me happen to her." A tear slipped down my cheek "You're right, I am weak." She dropped the dagger and her eyes went soft the harsh again. "Who did what to you." She asked "It was nothing, it happens all the time on the streets." "It's not nothing." "He only took me for a few hours and I was relatively old most girls don't get that luxury ." "How old were you," she asked "Fourteen" I replied "You were still a child " she said solemnly "Did he?" "Yes ," I said sadly. She let me go and paced around the room running her hands through her dreads. "Who was he? God what did he look like. I'll have him killed. No, better yet I'll find him myself. The things I would do to him, he would be begging for death," she said "Attia, it's really nothing." "It can't be nothing, if it was nothing you wouldn't be worried about your sister. And don't you ever say you aren't strong again, you are one of the strongest people I know. And I shouldn't have said anything about your sister I was being stupid." "Why do you care so much." I asked "God Brencie, can't you tell, I'm in love with you." "I thought you hated me." She ran her hands through her dreads again. "I did, you were annoying as hell, I could never catch you. But I eventually loved the chase and then I realized I only liked chasing because I loved you." "But I tried to kill you." She gave me a knowing look. "Ok I use the word tried loosely ." I said "Well since you have me all figured out what am I going to do next," I asked "I imagine you'll try to kiss me, but little do you know I'm going to kiss you first." "Doesn't telling me negate the little do you know." I asked "Brencie if you don't shut your mouth."  She said. Leaning in and kissing me, it was tender at first but then we kissed with all the passion of a thousand years. Soon my dress was on the floor  right next to hers.

I nestled my head into her neck, she smelled so good. "Attie what are we going to do, they'll be after me soon." "Don't worry, I've got it all planned out, I'll have someone collect your sister and we'll borrow a ship and sail the world. I have enough of inheritance to last three or four lifetimes." "How are you going to get her." "I have my ways." She said and I smiled.

Attia had talked to her father about going on an expedition and he agreed to let her go with a small crew and staff. Rose and I were stowed away in a closet Attia had put us in earlier. Someone knocked on the door and then it opened. I was relieved to see it was her. We were far enough away that no one would see me and she lead me to the upper deck, Rose trailing behind us. Rose sat down at a table and Attia came and kneeled beside her. "Hi Rose, it's a pleasure to meet you. I have something for you." She handed Rose a beautiful book. "But I can't read." Rose said "I know I'll teach you." My sister smiled "But for now this one just has pictures." I came and put my hand on Attia's shoulder "Come watch the sunset, my love," I said. And we rode off to some foreign land wrapped in each other's arms.

————————————————————————

If you've gotten this far thanks for reading. I'm not going to be petty and be like "I'll post when I get 300 votes"  but it would be so kind if you took one second to click the star button.

Happy reading
💖 Masha