Polynomials 📚

This is my first one with a poly couple, I have done a ton of research, so hopefully I don't totally botch this. If I do please don't hesitate to reach out, if I mess up and do something offensive or misrepresent I want to know.
💙❤️♾️🖤 (there's no fucking pi emoji so I used the slightly outdated infinity)
————————————————————————

Alexandra

I tried to focus on my algebra teacher, she was droning on and on about polynomials. I was about to fall asleep when I felt a stab again my neck. I reached around and grabbed the paper airplane stuck in my hair. I unfolded it and someone had drawn a dick on it. I turned around and glared at Sam and their girlfriend April. They both waved and Sam winked at me. I turned around and scribbled 'looks like you finally grew a pair,' and crumpled the paper up and threw at them. I spent the rest of class scrolling tiktok with my phone under the desk.

When I got home I started getting ready for the party tonight. I got out my vintage mod dress. It was covered in orange and pink flowers. I zipped up my white gogo boots and checked myself in the mirror. Perfect 70's aesthetic. I looked hot, maybe tonight was the night I'd finally pick up a girl.

I walked into the party. It was packed, there were tons of dry humping drunk teenagers. It was honestly kind of gross I didn't even know why I came. I turned right back around and walked out. I walked down the porch stairs. I quickly stopped in my tracks. "Listen Sam, you said we could take other partners if we wanted," I heard April said. "Yeah but not her," they said. "I don't understand, I like her and she's pretty, so why don't you want me to," April said. "I don't know, she's too happy," Sam said. "So you're just mad that she's not depressed," April said. "No, she's totally fake," Sam said. "So you're jealous." "April I'm not and just to prove it, fine date her if you want, but don't expect this to be a triad situation, you're on your own." Sam stormed off and passed me. "Eavesdrop much," they said.

I peeked out from behind the bush blocking me. "You heard all that didn't you," she asked. "Yea, sorry," I said. "I mean if I had heard someone talking about me I would have listened too, so I don't blame you," she said. "You like me," I asked. "I mean it's kind of hard not to, I mean just look at you, you're like if glitter was a human," she said. "But that's not Sam's thing," I said. "Yea Sam hates glitter," she said. "And me," I said. "I mean I don't really know why, I only hated you cause Sam did, but I see past that now," April said tucking  a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm open to trying this," I said wrapping my hands around her waist. "Really," April asked. "Sure as long as we set some rules, I don't want to be around Sam and I'm sure they don't want to be around me either, so can our relationship be just outside of school," I asked. "Yeah of course," April said. I gave her a quick peck and started to pull away. She grasped the fabric of my dress and pulled me closer. "Where do you think you're going," She asked. I giggled and leaned in to kiss her.

Sam

April had been blowing me off after school, and yeah I was jealous. I mean she never hangs out with me anymore and I get that she has a new girlfriend, but I'm also her partner. This made me hate Alex more, but I couldn't tell April. I watched how her eyes lit up every time Alex snapped her. I watched as she slipped away from me. I knew we were poly but it seems like April wants to break up, but won't tell me. I loved April so much, and I couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

I walked into the cafeteria and stopped at our usual table, except this time April was sitting with Alex, her head resting on Alex's shoulder. "April, I need to talk to you," I said. "Ok what," she said not looking up from her phone. "I'm upset because you're always hanging out with her, I haven't seen you outside of school in weeks," I said. "Sam you're just jealous," She said. "I'm not, I haven't seen my girlfriend in weeks, cause she is hanging out with her new girlfriend," I said. "Alex and I decided I would hang out with you at school and her after school, so I could separate you two," She said. "That's bullshit, you're sitting with her now," I said. "You know if you didn't have a problem with her it would be fine," April said. "You know what, stop turning this around on me," I said. "I'm not, turning it around," She said. "April, yes you are," I said. "Ok fine I'll hang out with you tonight," She said. "Fine," I said storming out of the cafeteria.

"Sam, wait," I heard someone say. "April, it's fine, You don't have to hang out with me," I said. "It's not April," I heard Alex say. "Leave me alone," I said. "Why do you hate me," she yelled. I whipped around. "You did not just ask that," I said. "I've literally never done anything to you," She said. "You don't remember," I asked. She shook her head. "Typical," I responded. "Listen Sam, I'm sorry, but I can't apologise  if you don't tell me what I did," she said. "Do you remember in 9th grade at Alyssa's birthday party, you kissed me on a dare," I said. Her eyes widened with recognition, "You didn't hear what I said after, did you," She asked. "Oh I heard, everything you said, I heard when you dead named me and when you said I liked it since I was such a l*zbo d*ke." "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for you to hear that," she said. "You still said it, it doesn't matter if I heard or not," I said. "I'm really sorry, I mean I was a dumb freshman," she said pausing in thought, "And the reason I said that was because, my friends were making fun of me for actually going through with it. They said I liked it and I was a lesbian, and it scared me. Because they were right, I did like it," She said. "That was my first kiss, you know," I said walking toward her. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things," she said. "Can we bury the hatchet and be friendly. Hell maybe even friends, I mean we both love April, so common ground" she said.

I grabbed her hand, "I don't want to be friends," I said, "You know when you kissed me, well ever since then I've liked you, and whenever I tried to talk to you, you'd brush me off. So I started hating you. And in the past few weeks I've been super jealous, of April for having you and that April is blowing me off," I said. "I'm sorry," she said grabbing my other hand. I felt a surge of adrenaline and grabbed the base of her neck and pulled her lips onto mine. She kissed me back, I felt butterflies rise in my stomach. When I finally pulled away I whispered, "I'm not going to bury the hatchet, because one that's a waste of a perfectly good hatchet, and two you are really cute when I'm making fun of you," I said. "I think I'm just cute all the time," she said. I cracked a smile. "Well we should probably go tell April," she said. "Yeah, don't worry I've been here for like the past 5 minutes," April called down the hall, "For the record, I'm very happy for you two, and Alex what was that about you loving me." Alex buried her head into my shoulder, she yelled a muffled, "April, shut up," as we walked back into the cafeteria. I laughed and April jump up, "Yes," she said "I can finally make a group chat called the polynomials." "Absolutely not," I said. "Too, late," Alex said as I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. "You two are going to be the death of me," I said as they high fived.

*** Three months later ***

April

I looked over at Sam and Alex, they were bickering about something stupid. It was slightly annoying but always super cute when they made up. "Sam, Alex, stop fighting over who gets the pride sunglasses and watch the damn parade," I yelled. "Sorry," they both said. "It's fine, I love you," I said. "I love you too," Sam said grabbing my hand. Alex made a heart with her fingers and blew me a kiss. Sam caught the kiss in their hand. "Sam, that was my kiss," I said. "Yeah so," they said. "I want my kiss," I said. They pulled me in for a kiss while Alex whistled. I flipped her off. I looked back towards the parade just in time to see the dancing drag queen float. I looked over at my partners, they were the best, I couldn't have asked for anything better.
————————————————————————
Thanks for reading!! There will be no traditional update on Monday. I'm going to be making a yearbook of sorts, with how all my characters look!

Happy reading,
💖 Masha