Out of Spite 🎓

As requested from one of my lovely readers here is a university enemies to lovers! I hope you like it!
————————————————————————

"Good luck sweetheart, I love you," my mom called as she and my dad drove away from the school. Yale, I had worked my ass off to get here and I continued to. I was a junior now and had selected my major. I was ready to kick Yale's butt.

"That's all for today have a great weekend," my professor said. I had managed to make it through the first two weeks. Well mostly. This annoying girl, Cody is in all my classes, and was a history major too. She'd always been mean and I've always treated her with compassion, but not this year. I hated her. Her parents were rich. Like filthy rich, and I guess she thought that made her better than everyone else. She was a dick. "Hey May, good job in class today," Cody said mockingly. Her gaggle of friends laughed. "Thanks, I mean at least I actually did the reading," I retorted, "How did you even get in here, oh that's right your parents bought you in." I didn't even wait to hear the response, I turned, flipped my hair over my shoulder and walked to the library.

"May come on, I know it's Yale but you don't have to have a stick up your ass. It's one party plus you need a break," my roommate Gina said. "Ok fine Gina, I'll go, but only for a little bit," "Yay," she said clapping her hands. I got dressed, and of course Gina made me change. So I left in a too tight black dress.

I walked into the party and a guy immediately grabbed my ass. "Hey baby, why don't we get outta here" he said. "How bout no," Gina said whacking him with her purse.  "Thanks," I whispered. "Yeah no problem," she said. I went into the kitchen and looked for some wine. Cody walked in. "Is this your party?" I asked. "Yeah," he said as she opened a beer. "Do you have any red wine?" "Um no, but let me get this straight. You come to a party and want red wine," she asked. "Yeah, but scotch is fine since you don't have red wine," I said. "You are a strange girl May. I've never known a girl who can drink scotch," she said. "Yeah ok, where is it hand it over," I said. She got it out of a cabinet and handed it to me then went to grab some Splenda. "Yeah I don't need that," I said pouring the scotch into a glass. "Um thanks" I said walking into the other room. I stood in a corner fully resigned to stay there till the end of the party. Then someone threw Cody against the floor. She stood up and started punching the random guy. Wow she could throw a punch. It was honestly impressive, her beating up a man twice her size. "Hey dude I'm sorry I grabbed her, it was a joke," the guy she was fighting said. "Grabbing someone without consent is not a fucking joke," Cody said. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," the guy said. "Ok well stay away from May," She said letting the guy go. Cody locked eyes with me and I went into the kitchen and set my glass down. I walked out of the dorm and started to walk towards mine.

Ever since the incident at the party Cody hasn't spoken to me. No short comments, no banter, it was weird. As strange as it was I kind of missed it. I guess some part of me missed it because it meant she was at least was paying attention to me.

"Your test results are in your student profile, but other than that I have nothing left have a wonderful weekend," my American history professor said. I waited till I got back to my dorm to look at them. I opened it and I had a C. Normally a B wouldn't upset me but this was a C. And I was so sure I knew the material. So I curled up on my bed and cried. I knew it was an over reaction but I felt like shit. So I got up and walked out of my dorm.

I ended up outside of Cody's dorm. I knocked on the door. She opened it and looked me up and down. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "I got a C," I said. "Ok well that doesn't answer my question," she said.  "Well I'm stressed and that pushed me over an edge," I said. "Ok well then I'm kidnapping you," she said. "What?" I asked. "Yes just for tonight you need a break," she said. "Ok fine," I said. She showed me in and I sat down on the couch. "Want something to eat?" She asked. "Sure," I said. "Ramen?" She asked. I nodded. She made it and brought it to me, then sat down. "What ya wanna watch?" She asked. "A comedy," I said. He picked a Jenifer Aniston and Adam Sandler movie. About half way through the movie she asked, "Why do you try so hard?" "Mostly out of spite, lots of people didn't think I could get into Yale. But I did and now I work hard to be better than you," I said. She laughed and said "You're crazy." By the end of the movie I ended up with my head on her shoulder. After she put me on her lap and then she kissed me. As soon as she did she stopped and put me on the ground. "It's time for you to go," she said pushing me out the door.

I walked into my dorm. Gina was there on the couch. "Where were you?" She asked. "Cody's," I said. I filled her in on everything. "So she kissed you and then kicked you out?" She said. "Yes," I said. "Sounds like girl has feelings for you," "No, she can't, she hates me," "No she does, she beat up a guy for hitting on you," I nodded. "I need to go to sleep," I said. "Well night," she said.

The next day everything was back to normal. She was teasing me again and it was like nothing happened. "Hey May, you're short," Cody said. "Wow real original, creative," I said walking away. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the empty auditorium. "I need to talk to you," she said. "Ok well there's other ways to do that." "Ok well, I'm sorry I shouldn't have kicked you out after I kissed you." "Ok." "But I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss and I want to do it again. I'm sorry for ghosting you but I need to, I need to feel your lips against mine again." "Ok so do it." She pulled me to her and kissed me. I wrapped my legs around her and she moved to push me up against the wall. I moved my hands through her hair, she moved me up to get more leverage. "I know a back way to my dorm," she said. I nodded and she led me to her dorm. She opened the door and led me inside before she closed it. Then he picked me up and carried me to her bed. "I've waited a long time to do this, and trust me I'm going to all the things I've fantasized about," she said. My heart started beating incredibly fast. "Good," I said. Reaching up and pulling her down to me.

I woke up the next morning tangled up with her. I kissed her forehead, "Hi," she said. "Hi," I said back. "You were so good last night," she said. "Thanks, so we're you," I said. "I should probably get going, Gina is going to be worried," I said. "Forget Gina, I want to spend the day with you, I don't want this to be just a one night stand, I want this to be a relationship," she said. "Good me too," I said. "Ok come on let's go get breakfast," she said. I smiled and got up. She whistled, "Oh shut up," I said. She laughed and threw a pillow at me. I pulled on her shirt then I walked into the kitchen to make coffee. She came up behind me and wrapped her arms around me and whispered, "You look so god damn sexy in my clothes." I smiled then turned into the hug. "Let me go I need to make coffee," I said. "Screw coffee, come back to bed," she said. "Ok," I said following her back into her bedroom.

————————————————————————
Thanks so much for reading my book it means so much. And look I'm 89th in short stories, it may not seem like a lot but I'm so happy! Thanks so much!

 And look I'm 89th in short stories, it may not seem like a lot but I'm so happy! Thanks so much!

Happy reading
💖Masha