School of the Protectors ⚔️

School of the protectors 1584

"The humans are advancing at a much faster pace, which means their rulers are becoming more and more power hungry." The professor says. "Now can anyone tell me how, we fix this?" Elliana raised her hand. "Yes go ahead Elliana," the teacher said. " We get rid of the ones in power and replace them with one of us." She was so pretentious. "Yes, Precisely." Professor Alethea said. The bell rang. The class quickly packed up. "Elliana and Alea, please stay behind." The Professor said. "Yes Professor Alethea," Elliana said. "I have a mission for you two." "Why us?" I asked. "Well you are our top preforming students and you're polyglots," she said. "Why should us being polyglots have to do with anything?" Elliana asked. "We normally have others go to more western countries with languages that are easier to pick up quickly, but we need someone fluent in Russian, and fast." "Well we're both fluent but who is going to replace, we are not trained enough to take over?" I asked. "You won't have to worry about that, there is a brother already in line all you need to do is pose as a servants and eliminate him." "Who's the subject?" Ellian asked. "Ivan the terrible," Professor Alethea said.

I was walking back to my dorm when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty class room. "Listen here you little snake, don't ruin this for me, this is the perfect opportunity for me to get into the league. I swear I will make your life hell if you ruin it." "Elliana, you've already made my life hell, I don't think it can get much worse." She leaned in and I walked backwards. She walked forward till I hit the wall. She took my face in her hands. "Trust me, it can get worse." She banged my head against the wall as she let me go. "Oh and say hi to your parents for me, oh wait that's right they're dead," she said. I slid down the wall and then I heard the lock click. That bastard locked me in here. I stayed on the floor crying. I almost feel bad for her, I may not have my parents, but at least they loved me when they were here. I could have done something but I just sat on the floor. I heard the lock click, she came back in. "You're still here, pathetic. They need us now." she held out her hand, I pushed it away. "I don't need your help," I said getting up on my own. She smirked.

We landed in a field next to the palace. She fell on top of me. "Get off of me," I said. "Gladly," she replied. "Now remember, we have to pretend to be sisters, and so that means you have to pretend to at least like, shouldn't be hard though cause I'm so amazing," she said. "Sure," I said sarcastically as I straightened my Sarafan. We walked and knocked on the servants door. An old cook answered. "Да, кто это? (Yes who are you)" she asked. "Я Саша и её зовут Аняа. (I'm Sasha and she's Anya)" I said. "А что тебе нужно? (And what do you need)" she asked "Мы нужна работа. (We need work)" Elliana said. "Вы готовите? (Do you cook)" she asked "Да (yes)," Elliana said. "Давай (come)," she said. We followed her down the hall way. "Вы, спите здесь, и работа начинается в 5 часов. (You will sleep here and work starts at 5)." We opened the door, there was only one bed. Great. I sat down and twisted my ring with poison in it. "We only have two and a half weeks so we have to make this quick" she said. "I know," I said "We should make a plan." "Unfortunately I think it's up to you," she said. "Why me," I asked. "I'm a terrible cook, and Ive seen you in life skills class," she said. I rolled my eyes, "Fine. Well what should I do?" I asked her. "Get the cook to let you take him tea and put it in with your ring, but only after his servant has tried it." He said. I nodded. "We'll we should get to sleep," I said. "Ok" she said. I climbed into bed and she laid next to me. I laid on my side and she laid on her back, an unspoken agreement not to touch was between us. "I don't even know why they sent me on this, you could have done this without me. Just like my parents could be happier without me," She said. I turned over to face her. "Listen I couldn't do this without you, I'd be so scared right now, if I was here by myself. And I would never have thought to put the poison into his individual cup. Which I should have because someone will try it before he drinks it, so I can't just poison the whole pot. You thought of that, I would have gotten myself killed." "I guess you're right, but why would you say that, I've been nothing but mean to me, and you just said something really sweet. Why?" "I don't know," I said. "I'm sorry about what I said about your parents. My dad had just come to see me about my progress and he was mad I haven't graduated early like him, and so I took it out on you." "Am I an easy target?" "No, you are strong, I didn't think being my punching bag would break you," she said. "Terrible excuse for a complement." I said. "Yea I know, but that is why, and I want to make amends," "Ok," I said yawning. "I mean we need to work together so, we should at least be temporary friends, then when we get back you can go back to hating my guts," I said. She nodded and I rolled over and went to sleep.

I woke up around 4:30 with a pair of arms around me. "Elliana, let me go," I said. "No," She said. "Ok well then talk to me, I can't just take the tsar his tea, there's someone who does that job," I said. "Well we could give the maid food poisoning and we have an anecdote so she won't die of dysentery," She said. "Good idea, but I need at least two weeks to make the cook trust me enough," I said. "I think we can manage that," She said. "Now Elliana seriously get off me we can't be late," I said "Oh right," she said.

The next two weeks drudged on and I eventually gained the cooks trust. And every night Elliana and I stayed up talking. She was growing on me and soon I knew all of her secrets. And every morning I woke up in her arms. I wondered if there was something there, but we were just in close proximity so it was probably nothing. I gained the cooks trust so much so that I was given the job of delivering the tea when Elliana gave the maid food poisoning. I went up and gave the tea to the tsar and his colleague, they were playing chess. A servant came and sipped some tea and sugar, he was fine so I poured his tea and tipped my ring in with the sugar. I handed it to him then scurried back down stairs. Eventually chaos erupted when the tsar died and Elliana and I snuck back to school.

We were walking back from Professor Alethea's office to the dorms when she slammed me up against the wall. "Hey good job out there," she said. "Why did you just slam me against a wall?" "Because I'm about to kiss you and I thought it would be hot," "I'll be the judge of that come on kiss me," I said. She grabbed my hand tenderly as she kissed me. When she let me go I looked her in the eye. "What is it?" she asked. "Nothing, I just really liked that kiss, also you're pushing against my arm and um it's falling asleep," I said. "Oh sorry," she said releasing me. She kissed me again and I smiled against her. "I love you," she said. "I love you too," I said flinging my arms around one of her shoulders and walked down the hallway with her.

————————————————————————

I hope you liked this bonus chapter. Most of these stories I want to extend and make a full book but this one in particular. I also did a lot of research on Ivan the terrible, look him up he's interesting.

Happy reading
💖 Masha