Redemption 🌸

This story is brought to you by AsteriS47 she has saved me from writer's block with their wonderful enemies to lovers prompts. I also used their name prompts so thank you, you are amazing!

TW: Religious Trauma
————————————————————————
I had been thinking of her every day for the past five years, ever since we had graduated high school. I had tormented her and I carried that guilt with me. So when I saw her working at the coffee shop this morning, I saw my chance to make it up to her. "Next," she called. "Hi," I said. "What can I get you," she asked with a customer service voice. "Just a medium coffee," I said. "Any creamer," she asked. "No, that's it," I said. "Name," she asked. "Liv," I said. No recognition passed over her face. "You can wait over there," she said. "Wait do you not remember me," I asked. "Listen ma'am , I don't have time for this today, just wait for your coffee and leave like everyone else," She said. I wasn't going to make the same mistakes I did in high school, so I backed off. I watched her as I waited for my coffee. I would be back tomorrow.

I walked back in the next day, she took my order again and with the same robotic expression, she dismissed me. I came back every day, trying to make polite conversation. "Hi Liv," she said one morning, "I already have your coffee made it's sitting over there, all have to do is pay," she said. "Thanks," I said. "And before you ask again, yes I do remember you. You are not someone I wanted to remember. And you coming here every day and asking me if I do is borderline harassment. Come here again and try to have a conversation outside of, 'Hi may I take your order,' and I will have you permanently banned," she said, "Have a nice day." I grabbed my coffee and walked out of the coffee shop. She was right I had crossed a line.

I just wanted to apologize. I had gone to therapy, I had worked through my issues. I guess I just wanted her to know I wasn't a terrible person anymore. And by coming here every day I had done exactly the opposite what I intended. I would let her have some space, maybe I would bump into her and I could say sorry.

My secretary knocked on my door and came in. "I have some forms for you to sign, and you have a message, from a Ms. June Sawyer. She said you were a high school friend she wanted to reconnect with," She said. "Thanks Alyssa," I said. I picked up the bright pink sticky note where Alyssa had written June's number. I took a deep breath and dialed the number.  "Hi," she said on the other line. "I hope I'm not interrupting something," I said. "I'm on my break, so perfect timing", she said. "Are you at work or are you one of those people who still lives with their mom," she asked. I chuckled, she was funny. "No, I have a job, I'm executive director of marketing at duolingo," I said. "No, that's too good, you work at duolingo," she said. "Yeah one of my more embarrassing career moves, but hey it worked out," I said. "Clearly, I mean you can afford the coffee at the cafe and that stuff is not cheap," she said.

"So why did you come to my place of work," she asked. I knew this question was coming. "Well it looked cute and then I saw you and I, I needed to tell you sorry for everything I did to you in high school, I was a major dick," I told her. "Yeah you were," she said. "I want to make it up to you," I said. "Not sure that's possible," she said. "Let me take you out to dinner," I said. "No, I can't, Liv we aren't friends," she said. "Then why did you call, and how did you get my number," I asked. "I got your number off of facebook," she said. "You don't follow me on facebook," I said. "Yes but I follow one of your friends," she said. "That's borderline harassment," I said. "Shut up," she said. "So I'll be picking you up at 8 Friday," I asked. "Fine," she said sarcastically.

I knocked on the door to her apartment. She opened the door looking like an absolute dream. "Hi," she said. "Hi," I said. "Let me grab my keys and we can go." She locked the door and followed me down the hall to the elevator. We stepped out onto the pavement and I led her to my motorcycle. "No way, this can't be yours," she said. "Do you like it," I asked. "I mean sure it's a little cliché, good girl, bad girl with a motorcycle," she said. "Are you insinuating we're a couple," I asked her. Her cheeks flushed pink. "No, I don't like you like that, we're barely even friends," she said unconvincingly. I hopped on and she sat behind me wrapping her arms around me. God what was this woman doing to me?

"Why are we at a taco bell Liv," she asked. "It was your favorite in high school so I thought I should take you," I said. "Yeah but I live 2 blocks away from one we could have walked," she said. "I like that you know how far the nearest taco bell is to your house," I said. "Shut up, at least I don't run Duolingo's TikTok," I said. "Excuse me that account is art and my department works very hard on it," I said. "Sure," she said opening the door.

I paid for our food with much argument from June. I explained that I had been a jerk and the least I could do was pay for her mexican pizza. "So why did you decide to make amends," she asked. "I felt bad, I mean you never did anything and I picked on you," I said. "Picked on was an understatement," she said, "I had a bruise from where you pinned me against that locker." "I had wanted to kiss you so bad that day," I said. "What," she asked. "I liked you all through high school. I don't know if you knew but I grew up in fundamentalist religious sect and any feelings about someone of the same sex were frowned upon. I was taught to hate myself for feeling that way about you, which is bullshit by the way. I thought being mean would make me not feel things for you. It was fucked up and I'm sorry," I said. She reached for my hand, "I'm not going to tell you it's ok because what you did was not ok, but I forgive you, I can tell you've changed and I'm willing to give you a chance," she said. A chance was all I needed. I grasped her hand and rubbed my thumb along the back of her's.

We walked out of the restaurant and it was raining. I pulled her into an alley and pinned her to the wall, trying to be careful. "Last time this happened it didn't end well," she said. I smiled, "Let me replace that memory with this," I said leaning in to kiss her. I dropped her arms and grabbed her waist to pull her closer to me. She wrapped her fingers through my hair and pulled gently. A down pour of rain erupted and I pulled away and we ran to my bike. This time she leaned her head against my back. We rode through the rain until we got to her building. I walked her to the door, both of us were dripping. "Do you want to come in," she asked. "Sure," I answered.

"I need to get out of this dress," she said closing the door. I pinned her to the door, "I can help with that," I said. "What is it with pinning me to the wall," she asked. "I don't know," I said. "Well keep doing it, cause it's hot," she said. I kissed her and unzipped her dress and let it fall to the floor. I scooped her up and walked to her bedroom. "You're so beautiful," I said. "My hair is all wet and gross,"  she said. "It's not gross, it's cute," I said. "Kiss me more," she asked. "Your wish is my command," I said.

"That was the best apology I've ever gotten," she whispered. "I can apologize again if you want," I said. "Let's just lay here," She said. "I'm sorry I was such a jerk," I said. "I know, you already said that," she said. "If I had been nice maybe we could've been together in high school," I said. "We're together now," She said. "Together," I asked. "I mean, I hope," She said. "Of course, I can't pass on you again," I said burying my face into her neck.

————————————————————————

Thanks for reading

Happy reading
💖Masha