Housemates 📚

oops sorry I haven't posted; I've been doing stuff and didn't have time. this is also my take on the step siblings trope, except it's not gross and doesn't reek of incest. this one is really long (that's what she said) so it's been taking me a while to write cause i have been busy. there is a part two and that should be out soon
————————————————————————

Ari

"Mom, I don't understand why they have to stay with us, can't they get a hotel," I asked. "Arianna, my fiancé and his daughter are suffering from a flee infestation and their house is being flee bombed, it's for two weeks. Just be nice, ok. I know you're not a huge fan of Elle, but just try for me," she said. "I guess," I said I stomped up the stairs and slammed my door. I was mad, it's not my fault Elle's dog got flees and they spread to the house. And now I was going to have to share a room with her. I reluctantly put the sheets on the air mattress that my mom was making sleep on, since it's rude to make a guest sleep on the floor.

"Ari they're here," She yelled. I dragged my feet down the stairs and forced a smile. My mom opened the door, "Come in," she said. I faked a smile and Elle smirked at me. I wanted to vomit. She had bullied me since 7th grade, and when I found out my mom was marrying her dad I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. "Show me your room Riri," Elle said. "See it will be fine she already has a nickname for her," my mom whispered. I turned and glared at her.

I showed her up the stairs to my room. "Surprisingly not dorky," she said. "Can you shut up," I asked. "Blunt aren't we," she said. "Yeah, ever since you humiliated me in 7th grade you lost the privilege of sugarcoating," I said. "Ok that was a joke," she said. "Yes, pouring a bucket of vinegar on me in 30-degree weather, hilarious," I said. "That was 5 years ago," she said. "What about last week when you stole my book and read it aloud in the cafeteria," I said. "That was hilarious, I mean who would expect you to read that filth," she said. "Well, I got dick picks from the football players cause a girl reading smut is obviously consent for the pictures they want to send," I said.

"I'm sorry what," she asked. "They sent me unsolicited dick pics," I said. "I'm going to kill them," she said. "Why," I asked. "They can't just do that, that's sexual harassment," she said. "Yeah, and it's all your fault," I said sitting on the bed. "I'm sorry, but I wasn't the one who hit send," she said sitting next to me. "Yeah but," I said before she cut me off. "Would it make you feel better if we used one of those digital rulers on the pictures and released the measurements to the school," she asked. "No, I don't want to do that," I said. I really wanted to, but I didn't want to admit she had a good idea.

I went to the bathroom and got dressed for bed, normally I would have just changed in my room but, no, I had no sense of privacy. I knocked on MY door. "Elle, can I come in," I asked. "Yeah," she yelled. I opened the door and sat down on the already deflating air mattress. "You know you can sleep up here if you want, we can sleep head to foot," she said. "Absolutely not, why are you being so nice to me," I asked. "I mean our parents love each other so we should at least be civil," she said. "Civil, I've been civil, you've been an ass," I said. "Ok, well I'm sorry, you haven't been exactly nice either," she said. "Yeah, because you were a bully," I said. "It was mainly jokes," she said. "They weren't funny," I said. "I thought they were pretty funny," she said. "Ah yes public humiliation, so funny," I said. "Look I'm sorry," she said. "Well, I don't care," I said laying on my side, trying to be away from her as humanly possible.

Thunder cracked, welp guess like I wasn't sleeping tonight. I had always been scared of thunder, I don't completely know why, it just scared me. I wrapped myself into a tiny ball and tried to protect myself. The thunder boomed again, and I dove deeper under the covers, squealing a bit. "Are you afraid of thunder," Elle asked, I could just picture her smirking. "Yeah, can you not make fun of me for that, I can't control what I'm scared of," I said. "No, I wasn't going to, I'm trying to be better," she said. "Ok," I said. "Do you want to sleep up here, maybe sleeping in your own bed would help," she said. "No, I don't want to sleep in the same bed with you," I said. "Ok suit yourself," she said. The thunder boomed again, I shrieked. "I don't want to force you, but you can come up if you want," she offered. I wasn't going to reply but the thunder cracked again. I jumped up and sat next to her. "I'm not going to bite; you can lay down," she said. "I'm not tired," I said. "Come on Ari, just go to sleep. You're going to be tired tomorrow," she said. I shook my head. "Do you want to measure those dicks the guys sent you," she asked. "I guess," I said.

"Is that a mini coke can," she asked. "Yeah, look it's 7 oz. instead of 12," I said. "Dumbass," she said. "Why is it dumb it's for reference so I can see how big it is," I said. She laughed, "God men suck," she said. "Yeah, they do," I replied. "You want to look at the one that I think has herpes," I said. "Yeah, or maybe he just has bad hygiene," she said. "I don't think you get blisters from not washing your ass," I said. "Speaking of not washing your ass look at this one," I said. "Peg me mommy," she said. "And he's spreading his ass." "Oh god is that a dried piece of shit," I said we both burst into a fit of laughter. The thunder boomed and I shirked again. I clicked off my phone and laid my head against the pillow. "We should probably go to sleep," I said. "Ok," she said.

I flinched when the thunder clapped again. She rubbed my arm, I pulled away to roll over. "Hey I'm sorry, I shouldn't have touched you," she said. "I was just turning over," I said. The thunder cracked and I moved closer to her. "Can I hold you," she asked. "No," I said. The thunder clapped, "Fine," I said. She wrapped her arms around me. Every time the thunder struck she held me tighter. I relaxed and my breathing slowed and I fell asleep. For the next few days I made up stupid excuses to end up in bed with her. "You know you can just admit that you want to cuddle with me every night," she said. "No, I won't admit I like being around you," I said laying on my air mattress. "Wasn't that an admission," she said. "No," I said. "Just admit you like me," she said. I stood up "Elle, don't you understand," I asked. "Yes but I want to hear it from you," she said. "Why do you take such pleasure in tormenting me," I said. "Ok Jane Austen, you're just cute when you make smart remarks and it's honestly really attractive," she said. "Come and kiss me already," I said.

She stood up and walked over to me and grasped my hands. "That was fast, it's like you jumped up as soon as I said you-" She cut me off by kissing me. She wrapped her arms around me and held me to her. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. "Now please admit you want to come to bed and cuddle with me," she said. "No," I said. She scooped me up and carried me up to the bed and started tickling me. "Now admit you like me," she said. I giggled, and then we heard a knock on the door we jumped up onto our feet.