Boyfriend 📚🌶

*Both characters are in their senior year and are 18
——————————————————————
Ruby

This bimbo cheerleader and her dumbass boyfriend had been making out in front of my locker every day since last semester. I finally had enough. I banged my hand on the locker and they pulled apart. "Can you not get your disgusting straight people germs on my locker please," I asked. Anna rolled her eyes, "Listen dork I'll make out where I wanna make out, got it beotch" she taunted. I rolled my eyes and opened my locker. "Come on Annie, I really need you right now, let's go to the bathroom so you can you know," her lug of a boyfriend said. "I'm dealing with something baby," she said. He grabbed her wrist, "We're going," he snapped. I watched her get pulled down the hall, for a split second I felt pity, but I didn't care, right? It didn't matter what happened to her. I shook that though off and grabbed my books.

I stared out the window in my history class, we were going over the vocabulary words. "Ms. Alvez," My teacher said snapping me out of my daze. "Ms. Ross called on you as her phone a friend," he said. She waved at me with an evil smirk. "I'm happy to help, Republican motherhood was where the founding fathers decided women didn't need the vote because they could just shape their young boy's, giving them a voice," I said smiling at her. "Yes that's correct thank you," he said. I winked at her and she slumped back in her chair, arms crossed. I looked out the window till the bell rang.

I walked down the stairs and out to my car. It was a piece of shit. I loved it, but it was a piece of shit. Anna rolled past my car, her red hair billowing behind her. She yelled at me, "Who's the guy," "Pardon," I yelled. "Who's the guy," she yelled. "Huh," I asked. She drove into the spot next to me. "Who's the guy you were thinking about in history," she asked. "Bold of you to assume it's a guy," I said. "Nice retort, even though it's just to cover up how much you wish you had a boyfriend, like me," she said. "You think I want you to be my boyfriend," I asked."That's not what I meant, I meant you wish you had a boyfriend like I do," she said. "Honey, trust me I've had more orgasms single than you have in your whole relationship, I don't need a man," I said. She scoffed, "Ugh, I'm having a surprise party at Brandon's house and everyone is going to be there so here," she said throwing an invitation at me. "Thanks," I said as she sped away. She confused me, I thought she hated me.

***

I hid behind the couch almost touching Anna. It felt weird when my arm brushed against hers , good weird. The front door opened, Anna motioned for us to stay hidden. "No baby I promise she's not here," Brandon whispered. "I'm worried we're going to get caught ," a girl said. "We won't, she's pretty clueless, plus I blew off my friends who invited me out, they think I'm seeing my grandma, no one suspects a thing," he said. I watched as Anna stood up and flipped on the lights. "Happy fucking birthday," she yelled. "Anna, I didn't know you would be here," he yelled. "Clearly," she said running out. He started to run after her, "Don't," I said, "Don't you see how lucky you were, god men." I grabbed my keys and rushed out the door.

She sat on the stairs outside watching a tiktok. I sat next to her, "I'm sorry," I said. "Why," she sniffed and shut off her phone "You didn't do anything." "I know but what he did sucked," I said. "Yeah, and I planned this whole big thing, and his friends just let him blow them off, I hate that," she said. I wrapped my arm around her. She leaned her head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry I was mean to you," she said. "It's ok," I said. "Why are you being nice to me," she asked. "Because you deserve better than him," I said. "You deserve someone who will treat you right. A rock could be a better boyfriend than him, hell I could be a better boyfriend and I'm not even a guy," I said. She laughed, "Thanks for being my friend," she said. "Sure," I said my heart sinking, "Do you want a ride home," I asked her. "Sure I rode here with Mandy and I'm pretty sure all of my friends are going to forget about me the moment Brandon and I are over," she said wiping her eyes. I showed her to my car.