18: I would've liked you to join in on the bet.

The next day, Himeno had sent everyone the details for the gym that you four would be training at. You were heading towards the gym, listening to music through your headphones. As you were waiting for the light to let you cross the street, you felt a soft tap on your shoulder. You take off one of your earbuds and turn in the tap's direction.

"Oh, hey Madoka." you smiled as Madoka greeted you.

"Hey y/n. It's lovely bumping into you here."

"Oh, and why is it lovely?"

"It's you, for starters. It seems my day has gotten brighter just standing next to you."

You scoffed, "Haha, you are so cheesy, you know that." 

"You are the only woman who makes me this way. After all, I must reciprocate the boldness. " 

"Okay, Romeo, maybe work on your flirting,  then we can talk." 

"I'll keep trying; after all, I have the patience for it."

You hummed in response while a comfortable silence fell between the both of you. Madoka heard the music from your earbuds and asked,  "I see you got your earbuds on; what are you listening to?"

"Oh, Im just listening to a song by a band called Malo," you state, "Wanna listen?"

"Sure, if it's coming from you, it must be a good suggestion; after all, you said you can recommend great songs, right?" He said cheerfully. 

You smiled at his comment and handed him the earbud. He placed the bud in his ear as the song Suavecito played. Madoka turned to you as he heard the lyrics. Both of you were vibing along to the song as Madoka listened intently to the song lyrics. 

"This song is kinda cool. Has a calming yet groovy beat. I can also relate to the lyrics." he laughed.

"Oh, and how so?" you questioned, raising your eyebrow in suspicion. 

Both of you listened as the lyrics of the song passed by, "I never, no, no, yeah, I never met a girl like you in my life" Madoka danced softly to these lyrics. 

"Oh yeh, these lyrics, the hit close to home considering I never meet a girl like you." he teased. 

You laughed loudly out of embarrassment and pushed him playfully. "You are something else, Madoka," you breathe out in between laughs. 

Madoka just laughed alongside you, "So, thanks for inviting me out. Hopefully, the next time we hang out, maybe we can go to karaoke. I already have a song picked out."

You laugh back, "I swear if you say it's this song, I won't go."

He jokingly frowned, "Aw what?! Why not! It will be perfect, you and me with music. Maybe a little bit of dancing if you're up for it," he stated as he shimmied his shoulders simulated a small dance. 

You thought about a night out to karaoke, how it would be just you and him together alone. However, your mind slowly wondering to you and Aki singing together, laughing and indulging in each other time. You shook your head to get Aki out of your mind; you're trying to get over him. 

"I'll take that as a no then," Madoka teased. 

You nervously shook your head again, "Uh, no, no, I didn't mean to say no. I was just thinking how it would be embarrassing since I can't really sing ha..."  

"Oh, even better, I can hear your singing, even if it makes me deaf, I don't mind!" He gleed cheerfully with his hand over his heart. 

You playfully punched him on his arm, "I won't make you deaf."