19: Do you like anyone?

Those words rung through your ears, "Do you like anyone?" Your mind subconsciously thought of the top knot boy. You laughed off the question, "Like anyone? Ha no. Why do you ask?"

Himeno hummed, "Oh I was just curious that's all."

"Madoka didn't send you to ask me did he?" You chuckled, "I swear, he makes it's super obvious he wants to date me but I'm just not interested," you state shaking your head.

"Aw, already rejecting him y/n?" Himeno teased.

"Well I told you already Himeno, I don't want to date anyone since I'm moving...." you paused, "but what about you? Do you like anyone?" You ask teasingly, raising your eyebrows.

She scoffed, "Yeh I do, but I won't go telling you."

"Aw, what?! I thought we were friends?!" you wined.

"We are, and because of that, I know you well enough that you are lying about not liking someone." Himeno thought back to the moment you blushed during your match with Aki.

"Himeno I promise I don't like anyone. Do I find people objectively attractive? Yes. But I can confidently say I don't like anyone." You plead.

"Hm okay, how about this, next mission, I'll tell you who I like okay?" She spoke, looking at your growing smile.

"Okay yes! I hope we get paired to work soon! Not because I want to know who you like, I just want to work with you. Plus you'll see that I won't drag us down!" you exclaimed excitedly.

"Y/n, you got to stop putting yourself down," Himeno laughed, "you are a capable devil hunter. Never thought that you would bring us down, to begin with. Plus you working on those new suits. Will I get first dibs?" She smiled.

"Thanks, Himeno, and don't worry, of course, you get first dibs," you cooed. "I am testing a few materials but I should be done with it soon. I want to ensure that you will be safer, even if it prevents one stab or one bullet," you say softly. Himeno hummed in agreement as both of you walked to your apartment.

You finally made it to the entrance to your home. You insert your key in the door nob and open the door to let Himeno in. She steps in and falls to your couch, "Ugh finally a place to lay, I'm so tired." You just giggled and grab the gym bags to place near the door. You head to the kitchen and grab two beers.

"So y/n," Himeno called, "You're a student right? What exactly are you studying? I don't think I caught that."

As you open the beer bottles, you answer back, "Yeh I'm heading into my last year of engineering. I am studying aerospace." You walk back to your couch as you hand her a beer.

Himeno softly thanked you for the beer and continued the conversation. "Ohhh so like super smart stuff huh, so like you build rockets and stuff?"

You laughed, "I mean I learn about it, but I wouldn't call myself a rocket scientist or anything."

"Why aerospace? Kind of odd considering you were interning as an engineer for us, doesn't seem 'Space-like' to me. Especially now that you are a devil hunter."

"Well it pays a lot so that's one of the main reasons why I joined it, plus I get to build rockets isn't that reason enough?" you laughed.

"I suppose... Do you at least enjoy it?" Himeno asked.

You thought about it, mulling over which answer you would give Himeno, "To be honest, it's a love-hate thing. I enjoy getting my hands on parts and messing with them, especially for projects and labs... I guess that's why I always find myself working on my own projects and partially why I liked this internship. But at times the material can be hard... and makes me feel as if I should just give up."