26: Are You Sure About This?

The song "Devuelveme a mi chica" by Hombres G plays in the background as you do your makeup in your restroom. Your cosmetics were scattered all around your sink. You decided to go light with your makeup; red lipstick, black liner, blush, and mascara were all you wore. Uncertain about where Aki would take you; you didn't want it smearing.

Your outfit was laid out on your bed. After hours of trying to come up with outfit ideas, you finally decided on wearing; a black leather coat, dark flared pants, and boots you had lying around.

You catch yourself smiling as you are putting on lipstick. "Ugh... what the fuck am I doing?" you thought to yourself. "I shouldn't even take this long and put all this effort into getting ready when it's not even a date," you sighed.

You left your restroom to change into the rest of your outfit since you already had your top on - a mesh long sleeve with a black sleeveless vest on top. "I wish it could've been a date," you huffed, "I just had to open my big ass mouth and tease him..."

You look at yourself in the long mirror you had in your room. You were still debating if the outfit choice was the right one. You breathe out heavily, trying to calm your nerves since Aki could come at any moment.

"Just give yourself positive affirmations," you say, "Everything will be alright. You have nothing to worry about. You are just going to hang out with Aki..." you say slowly. Your mind races with memories of Aki and times you found him adorable and attractive. You shake your head to get rid of those thoughts and head in search of your bag. "We are only hanging out as friends," you repeat to yourself.

Ring...

You turn at the sound of your doorbell. You walk up to the door and find Aki standing in front of you. He is wearing a white shirt with jeans and the classic converse he always wears. You notice him holding a small bouquet of purple lilacs.

"Hey y/n..." he greets, "You look lovely."

You begin to blush and get slightly nervous at his compliment. "Ha, thank you, Aki. You're just being nice. You look nice yourself."

Aki was also blushing too. He was admiring you the minute you opened the door for him. "I- I-um. I got you these flowers that I saw on my way over here. I thought you might like them, you know... as um... decor... for your apartment," he expressed as he looked into your eyes. He nervously handed you the flowers.

You smile brightly at him, "Thank you, Aki, these look lovely. I need to buy a proper vase for them, but I think a cup will do for now." you say as you head back into your kitchen in search of a glass cup. "You can come in; no need to be shy now," you shout.

Aki enters your apartment, "Thank you," he said, closing the door behind him. He walks into the kitchen where you were looking for a cup.

"So, Aki," you cooed, "where will we be going today?"

Aki put a finger on his chin, "Hmm, should I keep it a surprise or just tell you now?" he teased.

"Aw, cmon," you whined, "Just tell me now. Not like it's going to make a difference."

Aki laughed, "Ha, alright then, I'll tell you. We are going to a ramen shop, one that I frequent."

You cheered, "Oh nice! Do they have gyoza there?"

"Of course they do," Aki giggled, "I wouldn't go to a shop that didn't have them. After all, I know you like them, pan-fried an all."

You nod as you place the flowers in the cup you found and move them to the countertop. "Then what are we waiting for," you say as you grab Aki's hand, "Let's go there right now!" You grab your bag that was on your couch, and you both head out the door.