22.2 You think I'm handsome?

You get up from where you were previously and walk towards Power and Denji. "You guys ready to go?" you ask.

Both of them nod, and soon all three of you head home. 

Denji turned to you, "Hey y/n, how come you haven't stayed at our house as much as before?"

"Yeah, it's almost as if you are trying to avoid Aki or something," Power adds. 

You smile nervously, "Oh, I don't know... the opportunity just never comes for me to extend my welcome at Aki's apartment."

He raises an eyebrow, "Well, you gotta come some time again; Aki has been getting more annoyed easily," Denji huffed. 

"We can't even pull small pranks on him before he screams our ears off," Power teased as she tapped Denji so he could give an example. 

"It's true! You can just see the desperation in his eyes for you to talk to him," Denji ranted, "It's kinda sad, honestly."

You laugh at Denji's comment, "Now, no need to be mean or dramatic, Denji, I am pretty sure Aki is just going through some stuff-"

"Yeh, withdrawal symptoms from not being by your side," Power interjected, while Denji agreed.  

You shook your head, "you guys are just making stuff up now. It's not like he needs me that much anyway. Where do you guys even get these ridiculous ideas from?" You add before stopping once you arrive in front of Aki's apartment.

Denji opens the door, and both Power and he enters the apartment. You stand outside the door, "Bye Denji, bye Power," you called out while waving.

In unison, Power and Denji say, "Bye y/n!" as they each enter their rooms.

You got a short glimpse of Aki inside. He was wearing a form-fitting black shirt with some loose sweats. He was seated on the couch reading a book; however, as you were eyeing him, he glanced at you, which made you immediately look the other way as you tried to cover your blush. He smiled when he saw you and decided now was the time to talk about tomorrow's team-up. "Hey y/n, you can come into my home, you know. No reason to stand there as if you are unwelcomed," he announced teasingly.

"Oh, ha... right," you spoke awkwardly. You enter his apartment and slowly close the door. You see him with a better view and notice him with his hair down, and you had to admit he did look very handsome. You slowly begin to approach Aki as he makes room for you to sit on his couch. Aki looked at you lovingly, as he missed being this close to you.

"So-"

"So-"

"Ha," you scratch the back of your head, "you can go first, Aki." You carefully take a seat next to Aki.

"How have you been? It's been a while since we talked," he said fondly, slowly putting his arm behind your back.

"I mean... we talk..." you say nervously. You hated to admit it, but you felt butterflies each time you saw him. Now, inches away from him, your heart was pounding out of its chest.

"Yeh, about work stuff. But it's not like before. I felt like you've been a bit distant ever since," he breathed, still maintaining eye contact with you. "I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable in any way. I should have asked for permission first," he murmured.

You shake nervously, "What, no. Don't apologize. You didn't make me uncomfortable at all with that. It's my fault for making it awkward. We were both just tired and not thinking straight. I like talking with you; after all, we are friends; that was just a silly mistake." you laugh off.

"Right... just a silly mistake," he said with slight disappointment.

"But to answer your previous question... I've been alright," you sigh heavily.