Continued

Chapter 9:

**Jade's POV**

I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light. I totally forgot where I was, and sat up and then remembered... I looked to my left, but the my curly headed bully wasn't there. I sighed and thought if I should get up or not, but decided to anyway. I went over to the window, and saw the sun starting to go down meaning my mom should be home soon. Thank God.. I went over to the room door, and opened it and looked right and left before walking left down the hall. It was dead silent. The only thing you could hear my footsteps. Just then, I reached the living room, and there sitting on the couch, was Harry. He was holding something in his hand. There was a light hitting his face, making it glow. Then I realized. He had my phone. I stopped in the door frame and stared at him. He didn't even notice me. I just stood there, watching him as he read through stuff. He'd laugh at some things, and then his face would harden. Just then, he looked up and his eyes met mine.

"What the.. Wh-why are you up?!" He said quickly hiding the phone and standing up.

"Why are you looking through my phone?! You're not allowed to do that!" I said and he came closer.

"You're not allowed to be out of bed," He said.

"You're not my father, nor do you own me.. I make my own decisions," I said suddenly feeling more powerful even though I probably looked weak with my bruises covering my body.

"Oh shut up!" He said getting right in my face. i stared at him before the handle on the front door twisted and he backed up away from me. It opened revealing Anne, Harry's mom.

"Hello loves, how was your... Oh my god! Jade! What happened?!" She asked dropping her bag rushing over to me.

"I'm fine.. I-I" I said and looked over Anne's shoulder to see Harry wide eyed and mouthed "Zach".

"I fell," I lied not wanting to blame Zach. Even though I do hate him right now, he didn't do this.. And I don't know what Anne would do if she thought it really was Zach. I know she'd believe it because she was the one who picked me up when Zach ditched me.

"You fell?" She asked in disbelief and I nodded. She sighed and turned around to face Harry.

"Harry.. Did she really fall?" She asked him and he looked at me over her shoulder and I gave him pleading eyes. "Please" I mouthed.

He nodded. I felt my lips curve into a small smile, "Yeah.. She fell," Harry said. Wow. I can't believe it.. He's actually listening and helping me. What the heck?

Anne sighed, "Alright.. Well, how did you fall then?" She said crossing her arms waiting for an explanation.

"Well, you see Anne.." I started and cleared my throat. "Well uh.. Me and Harry were playing and goofing around and uh.. We were in the kitchen and we were playing with water and uh some ot on the floor and when I was running I.. I slipped...?" I said and it came out more as a question.

"You slipped?" She asked and I nodded. She turned to face Harry, "Really? Is this true?" She asked staring at him intensively and he looked down avoiding eye contact, knowing he'd speak the truth and feel guilty if he looked at her. "Yes," He said scratching the back of his neck. She looked back at me, "Then why is there a huge hand print on your arm Jade, hmm?" She asked and pointed to my hand print while her arms were still crossed. I looked down and went wide eyed. I totally forgot!

"Oh uh, I..." I said and looked at Harry pleading for help. I couldn't believe it! I needed help for his own lie! Why couldn't I just tell the truth?! Oh yeah, because then it'd be even worse, that's why! And what if she didn't believe me?!

"Harry?" Anne asked and he cleared his throat. "She fell," he said still not looking at his mom.

"Oh really? And there's a hand print on her arm.. Because she fell?" She asked. "Yup,"  he said popping the 'p' and then looked at me, and I felt uncomfortable. I looked down avoiding his eye contact which I know I'd regret later because I'm not here for his support but oh too freaking well! He got himself into this mess. "Harry.. Look at me," She said sternly.

He looked up and she raised an eyebrow. He looked at me, and then back at her.

"Alright, I did it.." He said and I was shocked!

"What?!" Anne asked. "Why'd you hurt her?!"

"No! I grabbed her when she fell! And I guess I grabbed too  hard?" He said and looked at me.

"Is this true, Jade?" she asked and Harry looked at me strictly.

"Yes," I said.

"Alright... Well, be careful next time!" She said and kissed Harry's forehead.  "I have work to do..  So you guys keep doing what you're doing!" She said and I gulped. I looked at Harry and he smirked. We stood in the same position as his mom went upstairs and then Harry came over and put his arm around me.

"You heard her... Let's continue!" He and and pulled me away from where I was standing.

;)Thanksss and read my other fanfic, and tell others. x

~Jade