Surprise, Surprise

Chapter 23:

**Jade's POV**

Everyone looked at me and Harry as we walked in.

"Aye, finally!" Louis said smiling. The rest of the boys came over toward us.  I smiled at all of them as they embraced me in a hug all at once. "Group hug!" someone yelled as I was being crushed.

"I can't breathe," I mumbled. I was pulled back and out of the embrace by someone before they spoke up.

"Alright, guys. That's quite enough," Harry said sternly. 

"We missed you," Liam said to me smiling.

"Well I missed you all, too," I said smiling back. 

"But of course she missed me more," Niall said laughing before I felt Harry's arm tighten around me. 

"Of course," I said sarcastically before Zayn spoke up. 

"What have you been up to?"

"Well nothing, really. I am just hanging around with friends and all. They nodded.

"What friends?" Harry asked me. 

"Well you know Dave," I said and Harry stiffened.

"That's it?" he asked and I nodded.

"Ooh, Harry looks like you have some competition," Louis said jokingly earning a laugh from Niall. 

"No, it's really not like t-"

"Shut up," Harry snapped at them and the laughing ceased. I felt my heartbeat quicken as I soon began to realize just how short Harry's temper still was. And now he was much stronger now.  

"Whoa Harry we were only kiddi-"

"Well I didn't find it very funny," Harry said angrily. All the boys looked at me and rolled their eyes. I gave them confused glances. 

"Sorry," Louis said. 

"Jade, come here," Zayn said to me and I squirmed my way away from Harry before he could protest.

"Wait, what are you d-"

"I just want to talk to her, Harry. I haven't seen her in ages," Zayn said placing his hand around my shoulders. Harry looked at his movements before looking at me. 

"Hurry up."

After Harry demanded us, Zayn brought me to the counter away from them. I smiled at him when we reached our final destination.

"Hey, I missed you," I said quietly tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He smiled.

"I missed you more," he said and I laughed.

"Well I don't think that's possible, but okay," I said placing my arms over each other. He laughed along before his features hardened and he suddenly turned serious. I looked at him confused by his sudden transformation. "What's wr-"

"Listen to me," he said lowly. "Harry already told us about the past," he said and I gulped and looked down. 

"Zayn I don't k-"

"No, listen," he said sternly and I looked up at him in worry by his tone. I could feel a pair of eyes on us, but Zayn ignored it. "He hasn't really changed, and that scares me. For your sake," he said and I shook my head.

"Stop. Why are you telling me this?" I asked him.

"Because I am warning you. He's gotten worst," he explained. "He's diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. He's taking medicine for it, but he just started and it takes a while for it really to work properly. So until then, be careful."