C23-{~The Bond Have Been Completed~}

-Mystic falls, 6 AM-

"Freya, you need to sleep," Keelin, who was carrying some coffee, suddenly said.

"I can't, we have to look for a way to deal with this without involving the kids" Freya explained. "I know but you can't keep doing this, if you don't sleep you won't have the energy to help them, you haven't slept well since you first arrived" Keeling, worryingly, said. "Keelin is right, Freya" Alaric walked into his office with a knife in his hand.

"What is that?" Freya and Keelin asked at the same time when they noticed the weird knife. "I think this is one of those artifacts the dryad mentioned," Alaric said.

"It looks normal to me," Keelin said. "Yeah, it does but someone tried to steal it a few days ago, I didn't pay much attention to it, I just put it back in its place in the library but yesterday, after the kids left, I noticed that it was shining. It was a weird red light. So, I started doing some research, I didn't find much but I know this thing it's old. I might not be an expert but I can do math" Alaric explained.

"Wait, does that mean that someone at school knows about the artifacts, about Malovore?" Keelin asks. Freya and Alaric look at each other and realization hit them like a truck with no breaks.

"Did you ask someone to investigate who tried to steal it?" Freya asks Alaric. "I did, Emma tried to do a spell, there was a bit of blood in the knife, I guess the person who tried to steal it hurt themselves when they heard the alarm but she found- nothing" Alaric sighs when he finishes explaining to Freya.

"What do you mean, if she finds what kind of magic, maybe-" Freya is cut off by Alaric. "That's the thing, Freya, there's no trace, there's no magic in the blood"

"What do you mean, everything, every monster, every human being, has a bit of magic even if they aren't supernatural, there has to be something" Freya argues, getting up from her chair and taking the knife to scan it.

"We have to figure something out, we can't risk the kids' life, if they find out they'll want to be involved in this and that can't happen" Freya exclaims, running her hand through her hair.

Suddenly a phone starts going off, it wasn't Alaric's nor Keelin's, Freya was a bit disoriented 'cause of the lack of sleep but then she found her phone under the articles and books she was looking at.

"Jax, hey, why are you calling so early?" Freya asks, faking a sleepy voice.

"Hey, aunt Freya. Did I wake you up?" Jax asks.

"No, no, it's fine. I woke up a few minutes ago" Freya lies easily.

"Oh ok. So, I was calling to tell you that the spell you gave the girls' worked. They can do stuff now" Jax tells her aunt.

"That's great, there weren't any problems, right?" Freya asks Jax.

"No, there wasn't," Jax says and Freya sighs in relief. "But wait, I have a question. Was there supposed to be another effect after the spell was done" Jax asks, the curiosity in his tone is noticeable

"No, why?" Freya frowns.

"Oh, well, after the girls did the spell there was magic in the air, literally and I thought that was it but, like an hour or so later, I felt a strong force. I don't know how to explain it but it was like two powerful forces merging. Lizzie told me she felt something similar and Jed told me something similar a few minutes ago" Jax explains. Freya lets out a big sigh and rubs her face with her hands, hard.

"It's ok Jax, there's nothing to worry about, I have something to do but call me if you notice something strange," Freya says in a hurry and hangs up.

"Why do you have that face?- what happened?" Keelin and Alaric ask at the same time.

"I think Hope and Josie completed the bond," Freya says, it's barely a whisper but both Alaric and Keelin understand

"What?" Alaric asks in disbelief.

"Yeah,fvck that's what I felt a few hours ago. I knew something like this was going to happen, I should've waited to give them that spell" Freya says face-palming herself.

"I don't understand, why is that a bad thing," Keelin asks.

"There's no problem with them bounding. The problem is that there are things that come with the bond, good and bad things. We didn't want them to bond just yet because of what's happening, we assumed that if Freya didn't tell them how to complete the bond, they wouldn't figure it out but I think they completed it by mistake" Alaric says while serving himself a drink.