New years re(solution)

Tw: slight mention of blood

It was New Years Eve. Break was coming to an end and school was around the corner. Luz had gotten out the hospital but was told to take it easy. She was setting up for the New Years party she was hosting at the owl house, for just her friends of course.

She remembered that night at the hospital with amity. It made her blush a bit. She shook the thoughts away and started to hang some streamers. Being tall had its perks for the Latina. She could reach high places, that's literally it. Also girls were attracted to her height.

The only girl she cared about was-, "HEY LUZ WERE HERE", gus yelled. "Hey gustaban", Luz replied chuckling. Gus and Willow came early to help with decorations. "I brought balloons", Willow said. "Great, where are they?", Luz asked. Willow chuckled a bit. "You see, the machine was down so we have to blow them up ourselves". "Great, let's see if we have the lung capacity for this", Luz said sarcastically.

The two sit on the floor and began to blow up the balloons. Willow and Gus picked out a variety of gold, silver, white and black balloons.

~Time skip for balloon blowing~

"When is everyone supposed to be here?", Willow asked out of breath. "About 6 maybe", Luz replied, laying on her back and playing with a balloon. "Well it's 4 so we have about 2 hours to finish", Gus said popping up out of no where. "Where did you go?", Luz asked. "Come check it out", Gus said rubbing his hands together maliciously.

Luz and Willow got up and followed their slightly younger friend to the back room. The two stopped in their tracks. "Woah", they said in unison. There were lights, music, lots of glitter, and decorations of all kinds. "Gus. You did all this?", Luz asked. "ALONE?", Willow added". Gus shrugged. "Yeah, it was quite easy".

Luz blinked at him. "It took us hours to blow up balloons and you put a whole room together". "Well maybe if you two were quick like me, it would've been done faster", Gus smiled, brushing his shoulders. His friends rolled their eyes at him. "Well you guys should go get ready, remember the theme is semi-formal", Luz said shooting finger guns at her friends.

They nodded and told her they would see her soon. Eda had went out to get Luz's outfit for this thing. She offered Eda to join them but she had plans with an old friend named Raine and her sister Lilith. Luz had met Lilith once or twice but she had never met Raine but heard lots about them. Luz ran up to her room to get ready. She smelled herself. Shower first, clothes after.

Luz got her stuff together and went into the bathroom. She took off her shirt. She saw her wrapped up torso, the dry stain of blood. It didn't hurt as much physically, but the memory hurt. It hurt a lot. Amity could've been hurt and it was all her fault. No, she was gonna make this night great. Luz unwrapped the bandage and threw it away.

She got in the shower and was mindful of her wound. Afterwards she re-wrapped herself. An alarm went off. It was 5:30, and people would be arriving soon. She hurried to get ready. She had a black button up, black dress pants with a belt, and nice black dress shoes.

She decided to leave the top two buttons open and rolls her sleeves up. She had some accessories like a watch and some rings. Eda really hooked her up. Even though half of it was most likely stolen or scammed.

Oh well. Luz looked at herself in the mirror which was slightly cracked. Her hair was damp still so she just combed it back. She looked at the time. 6:05. She ran downstairs when she heard knocking. She opened the door to see, Willow, Gus, Matt, Gus's boyfriend, Boscha and Skara. "Hey guys come in", Luz said greeting her friends. "Look at you Noceda, you clean up nice", Boscha joked punching the slightly taller girls arm.

Luz laughed and closed the door behind her. "Help yourselves to drinks and food, the party's in the other room", she said. Her friends made their way into the other room with plates and drinks in their hand.

There was another knock at the door. Standing there was Edric and Emira, but they weren't alone. Behind them were Viney and Jerbo. Luz put two and two together. "Okay okay I see". "Nice to see you again Luz", Jerbo said. "How do you two know Luz", the twins asked stepping inside". "Detention", said Luz, Viney, and Jerbo in unison.

They all laughed and Luz told them where to go. "Hey em wh-", Luz started before the older girl cut her off. "Mittens is on her way,. Relax cutie", Emira smiled and walked away. Luz blushed.

Those damn blights. Luz ran to bathroom to do one more check. Amity should be on her way and she had to look good. This night had to be perfect. *knock knock*. Luz started to freak out. She walked to the door and opened it. "wow", Luz said.

Amity looked beautiful. She was wearing a long but not too long v-neck black dress. Luz was speechless. "What Noceda? Cat got your tongue?", amity asked walking past the Latina, joining her friends in the other room. Luz snapped back to reality. She went to follow amity and be with her friends.

While they ate, drank, and played games, Amity played hard to get. Luz really liked this side of the blight. It made her want the girl even more. It started getting closer and closer to 12. It would be a new year. A fresh start for Luz. Hopefully a fresher start with the blight.

Luz saw amity slip outside and she decided to follow. "Looks like i have a stalker", amity said. Luz chuckled , "Yup blight, I'm your biggest fan". The two laughed. "It's getting close to 12, shouldn't we go inside?", Luz asked. Amity shrugged. "I like it out here". "Im really sorry about what happened", Luz started. "You didn't deserve any of it. You didn't deserve to be confused or hurt or even get kidnapped. I just beat myself up about it all the time cause I could've prevented it all".

Amity turned and faced the girl. "Luz stop, you didn't know that it would happen. It's life. Life is just as spontaneous as you. You. You've made my life so much better just by being in it. You have nothing to be sorry for".

Counting could be heard in the distance. 10! 9! 8!. "No. Amity I am sorry", Luz said walking closer to the girl. 7! 6! 5! 4!. "Luz did you not hear me? What are you sorry for now?", amity asked . Luz stared at the girl. "For not doing this sooner". 3! 2! 1!. Luz grabs amity's face and pulls her into a kiss. "Happy new year!!" Fireworks could be heard throughout the neighborhood. The group of friends walked outside and saw what was happening. "WOHOOOO", they all screamed.

They blew into the noise horns and Gus threw glitter. Oh Gus. The two pulled away from the kiss. Amity's eyes were wide and her face was red. Boscha held her hand out and Willow placed $20 in her hand. "Let's give them some time", Willow said. The group agreed and went back inside.

Luz and amity stood there. Luz decided to be funny and copy amity from earlier. "What blight? Cat got your tongue?" Amity grabbed Luz by her shirt and pulled her in for another kiss. This surprised the Noceda.

They pulled apart and it was Luz's turn to be red. Then amity pulled Luz into a hug. She noticed that the taller girl smelt really nice. She could just stay there forever. They pulled apart and looked at each other. "It's past 12, we should be heading home", amity said. "Yeah get home Cinderella before your carriage turns into a pumpkin", Luz joked. "Ha ha so funny", amity said.

She went inside to get the twins. When she closed the door Luz jumped up and down, pumping her fist in the air. She then stopped and collected herself. She remembered she had something to do.

She pulled out her phone and made a call. About 10 minutes later, a car pulled up and a girl stepped out. "What is it? Make this quick", Jessica said. "Ok, will do. We're done", Luz said. Jessica stopped. "Excuse me?". "You heard me, me and you are over", Luz said. "You know what will happen if you do that", Jessica said. "Your threats don't matter to me anymore Jess. I've been through much worse than what you you're doing. Now goodbye", Luz said turning to walk away. "Oh and Jess?" Luz said. "What?", Jessica replied irritated. "Happy new year", Luz replied walking back inside and closing the door.