Winter break and big mistakes

Luz and amity were sitting in the back of their English class. Not paying a lick of attention. Well amity was of course. Luz however was drawing on some paper. Luz scanned around the room and saw the teacher on their computer. She saw amity writing notes down. Luz started to stare at the girl. She then got an idea.

She ripped a piece of paper and started to write something down. She folded the paper and slid it over to the girl. "Pst", Luz said to amity. Amity lifted her head up to Luz. Luz then pointed down to the note which made amity look. She picked up the paper and opened it.

The note read 'ur gay'. Amity looked over to Luz who started laughing quietly. Amity took the same paper and wrote something to the Latina. She slid the paper back to Luz who got excited that amity was participating in her childish ways. Luz picked up the note and read what amity replied. 'Shut up'. Amity looked at the girl and flipped her off.

Luz laughed more and wrote something down. She passed the paper back to the blight. Amity picked the paper up. 'Make me'. Amity's face went red. She crumbled the paper up and put it in her bag. This made Luz laugh harder.

This caught the teachers attention. "Miss Noceda. Miss blight", the teacher started. "What is that interesting thats distracting you from your lesson?" Before amity could speak the teacher started talking again."I noticed that you were passing notes". "You can come up to the front and read it to the whole class or have detention during lunch".

The class oo'd. Luz stood up. "My fault madam", Luz said trying not laugh. "I am thy paper passer". She did a little bow and the class laughed at her. Amity tried hard to hold her laugh in but it slipped. The teacher was not having it. "Since you think something is funny, you both can have detention", she said. "Does anyone want to join them?".

The class went silent. "Good". The bell rung signaling that class was over. Everyone got their stuff packed and went to lunch. Luz and amity went to the front and got their detention slips and headed to get their lunch. They were walking in the lunchroom and spotted their table.

There sat Boscha, Willow, Gus, and Skara, amity and Boscha's other friend. Ever since Luz and amity got closer, they brought their friend groups together and started hanging out. "Finally, there you are", Boscha said. "Yeah what took you guys so long?", gus asked. The two girls held up their slips. "This genius landed us in detention", amity said pointing at Luz. "What did she do this time", Willow asked laughing. "More like what didn't she do", Gus said.

The whole gang started laughing except for Luz. "Ha ha so funny", she said sarcastically. "I'm not that bad", she said scratching the back of her neck. "You sure about that?", Willow asked the girl. "Remember in camp when-". "That's enough Willow", Luz said gritting her teeth and giving her friend a look. Willow instantly got the look and piped down.

There was some awkwardness in the air and Luz decided to clear it. "Well we should grab some food and get going", Luz started. "We'll see you guys after lunch byeee", she said dragging amity with her to grab a lunch tray. "Hey woah slow down", amity said. Luz listened and slowed down when they got to where the food was. They both grabbed a tray and walked to the detention room. They decided to eat on the way there since they were both hungry. They threw the trays in the nearest garbage and arrived at the door.

Luz peeked through and noticed two people and a dog? She opened the door and they all looked up at her. " Let me do the talking", Luz whispered. "Um hey, so this is detention right?", she asked. "Yep, you've got the right place", a girl with a fish hook for an earring said. "I'm Viney", she announced. "This is Jerbo", she said pointing to a scrawny boy. "And the dog is Barcus, his emotional support animal". "I'm Luz and this is-" Luz started. "Amity blight, we know", Viney said. "You guys hang with my siblings don't you?", amity asked.