Hexside

After a semi long amount of time driving, the two finally made it to Luz's new school. Luz looked out the window. She's never seen a school that big before. "Wow", Luz said. "Look kid", Eda started. "I know you're still hurt from your parents but we both know that they would want this for you". "Thank you Eda", Luz said turning to her. "Now go on, I'm sure there will be someone to show you around", Eda said.

Luz hurried out the car. She had nothing to bring with her except for what she was wearing. She walked to the double doors and looked back at Eda. Eda nodded at her and started to drive off. Luz went to push open the door but hesitated.

What if they know about her past? What if they judge her? She shook the thoughts away and went inside. It was much bigger on the inside than the outside. Her old school couldn't compare to what she saw.

There were students walking down the halls giving her glances and looking at her up and down. She looked around not knowing where to go. That's when she heard someone familiar. "Luz?", the voice said. Luz turned her head to see no one other than her childhood friend. "Willow!", Luz said walking towards her.

The two embraced in a tight hug. Finally pulling apart they examined each other. "When did you get so tall?", Willow asked laughing. "Well you haven't seen me since summer camp 3 years ago", Luz replied. "Wow I can't believe it's really you", Willow said. "What are you even doing here?". Luz looked down. "Long story", she said. "Could you show me where the office is?", she asked trying to change the subject. "Yeah sure follow me", Willow said starting to walk in a direction Luz wouldn't have even thought of.

~Time skip~

They finally arrived to the office which felt like forever to Luz. "Here we are", Willow said. "Dude, there's too many stairs and twists and turns and did I mention stairs", Luz said out of breathe. She felt dizzy especially since she didn't get to eat her chips. "If you need anything, u can always come to me", Willow said. "Thanks Willow", Luz replied.

Willow turned to head to her class while Luz walked into the office. "Ah miss Noceda I presume", said a man wearing a black suit. "Uh yeah and who are you?", Luz asked with a little off tone in her voice. "I'm principle bump", the man said. "You can sit down you know". "Nah I'm okay", Luz said leaning against the wall. "Okay well here's your dorm key and your class schedule", bump said. "As well as your uniform-", he started before being cut off. "I'm sorry, uniform?", Luz said annoyed. "Yes, it's mandatory", bump said.

Luz examined the uniform. It was a navy blue suit top, a white button up to go under, with a navy blue skirt bottom, with leggings and a yellow tie. "Yeah no to the skirt", Luz said throwing it on his desk. "Could I have pants instead", she said. He sighed and found some pants her size. Luz grabbed the pants and thanked him. She started for the door but that's when he stopped her. "Oh and miss Noceda", he said. "I recommend trying out for the hockey team". "Hockey team?!", Luz said excitedly. "Yes there's tryouts after school", he said. "You may exit now". Luz left the office and shut the door.

If she would've known about the hockey team, she would've came here sooner. She looked at her schedule and tried to find her dorm room. "Room 201, room 201 room 2-0-1", she repeated to herself looking around. After what seemed like forever, she found it. She unlocked the door and went inside. Instantly she noticed two beds. It wasn't brought to her attention that she would be sharing a room.

One half of the room looks like it hasn't been touched. "That must be my side", she said walking over to the bed. Sitting down, she noticed the other side was organized. It looked like there was a place for everything. "Wow whoever stays here must be some neat freak", Luz laughed to herself. It was still pretty early to sleep. Luz remembered passing by a work out room on her way to her dorm.

She decided to go workout a bit since she would be joining the hockey team. Yeah she knew she had to try out but come on, why wouldn't she make it. Luz took off her sweat shirt and sweat pants and left her sports bra on. She always wore basketball shorts under her sweatpants during the winter since it was so cold.

She left her clothes on the floor and threw the uniform on the bed. She always wore regular shoes because they felt the most comfortable. She left the key on the nightstand next to the bed and walked out the door. It didn't take her long to find the work out room because she kept in mind where it was. When she arrived, she peaked through the glass. It was empty. She pushed open the door and went to a lifting bench.

For a girl who can't walk up a flight of stairs, Luz was pretty fit. She had toned abs and muscles. Her calf's were pretty toned too. After what felt like an hour, Luz finally stopped working out. She looked at the clock and she saw that she went way past the time she was going to stop at.

She grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat off of her face. Her hair was pretty damp too so she dried that off. She began her journey back to her room. She wondered if her roommate was back. Luz finally arrived to her dorm and went inside. That's when she saw someone sitting a desk with headphones. "Uh hello", she said. Luz then cleared her throat and the girl turned around.

~1,008words~