Later never comes

No one POV:

Today is game day. Its 3:00...in the morning. Luz was grinding it out in the gym. The game is hours and hours away but Luz felt like the extra mile was worth it. She barely got sleep but this was more important. She worked out until her legs and arms gave out, which was now.

Luz grabbed her towel and wiped the sweat off her face, heading for the dorm. Slowly she opened the doors being careful to not wake up the blight. "Luz?", amity said tired and confused. "Shit. Uh hey ams. You can go back to sleep. I was just working out", Luz whispered. "*yawn* what time is it", amity asked. "Time for you to go back to sleep", Luz said grabbing things to take a shower. "Well we still haven't talked you know and I-". "We will later", luz cut her off and closed the door. Amity sighed and turned over to go back to sleep.

~The morning~

"Luz! You're gonna be late for class!", amity yelled out from the bathroom. She waited for a response but heard nothing. "Luz?", she said walking out and scanning their room. Then she saw a note on her bed.

The note read, "Hey ams, ur probably wondering where I am rn. Well I already left for class because I went to study this playbook with Boscha. Ur probably also wondering why I left a note and didn't just text or tell u before. Well I don't know, I've seen this in movies and stuff so why not. Well okay see you in English -luz :p". "Okay...", amity took the note and put it on her desk.

She grabbed her things and headed to class. She was lucky that her class wasn't far because she really didn't feel like going. That's very out of character for her. When she made it to class, she found her seat and sat down. She had already did the homework for this class and it wasn't due til next week. She likes to be ahead. All she had to do was wait until english so she could talk to Luz. That should be easy.

~English~

That was not easy at all. She did have Boscha in one of her classes but still. She barely had anything to do, no Noceda to bother her. But now it was her favorite period. Not because Luz was in there...obviously. She enjoyed writing. Like poetry. Also fan fiction...but again, no one needs to know that.

Poetry found its way into amity's heart at a young age. It was one of the only things that kept her okay when she was having issues with her parents or her friendship with Willow. She could express all that she was feeling on one piece of paper with one pen or pencil and that's exactly what she was doing. She looked over to see Luz reading a book. The cover looked familiar.

Amity leaned over to the girl. "Are you reading Azura?", she asked. Luz jumped and closed her book. "No! What? Nooo. That's crazy. Why would I ever read a book about a powerful witch and her rival with a hint of obvious tension and romance?". Yep. She definitely reads it. "At least let me see which one you're reading dork", amity asked playfully.

Luz pushed the book over to her friend. "Omg. No. Way. You have book five?", amity asked shocked. She's been wanting to read that one forever but she couldn't find it anywhere. "Uh yeah it is, you read this series too?", Luz asked feeling a little more relieved. "Of course I do, it's the best", Amity replied.

She could go on and on about The Good Witch Azura. Little did she know, so could Luz. "Who knew the Luz Noceda, the mysterious student would be a dork", amity said. "Whatever, I'm a bad boy. We both know it", Luz said winking at amity. This made the girl go red. Like terribly red. "Shut up, also can we talk about that thing. You said later and I was thinking we could talk about it now.", the blight asked hopefully.

Just then the bell rang. Of course. "I wish I could but I'm meeting up with Avery for lunch, she's gonna help me study for my pre calc test. Later though, we'll talk", Luz said running out the door, almost knocking a kid over in the process. "Okay. Bye", amity said, a half smile creeping on her face. She left her class and went to join her friends at lunch.