Tryouts

Amity heard someone clear their throat. She turned around to see a tall, tan skinned girl. A tall, shirtless tan skinned girl. A little heat rose on amity's face but Luz didn't think much of it.

"What are you doing in my room?", amity questioned, turning back around to her desk. "I think you mean our room", Luz said walking over to her bed to sit down.

"I'm Luz, Luz Noceda ", Luz said introducing herself. "I'm amity", the mint hair girl said. "No last name?", luz questioned. "It's none of your business", amity said coldly. "Yikes, so much for hospitality", Luz started. "Then yet again, I'm not really your guest", she said.

Luz checked the time. She would be late for tryouts. "Shit", Luz said panicking to put her clothes back on. Amity watched her as she quickly ran out the room. Amity shook her head and went back to doing her work. After a while she got bored and decided to go watch the tryouts. She put her things away and left their room, locking it in the process.

Once she made it to the practice rink, she saw her brother and sister in the commenter booth testing out the mics and everything else for the big game Friday. "Hey Ed, hey em", she said walking into the booth. "Sup mittens", Edric said over the microphone.

Emira smacked her brother on the back of the head. "Hey what was that for?", Ed questioned. "Dad said not to fool around with the mics", she started. "Plus your head is just smack-able". The twins began a head smacking war and amity just shook her head and left.

She decided to go sit closer to the ice. She noticed Willow sitting down there and decided to sit with her. Even tho her past with Willow was a bit rocky, they mended things and we're now pretty close. Especially now that Willow is dating her best friend. "Hey Willow", amity said as she sat down.

"Hey amity", Willow said. "What made you come and watch tryouts?". "Well I got bored of doing work and plus Boscha asked me to come so I did", amity said. "I heard there was only one spot left on the team", Willow said. "Yeah my dad said they really don't have that much time until the first game", amity replied. Just then they heard a whistle blow.

A man skated on the ice, as well as a mixture of boys and girls. "Alright listen up", the man yelled. "I'm coach Alador", the brown haired man said. "You can also address me as coach blight or just coach". Amity drowned out her fathers words as she examined the new players.

Her eyes scanned through each of them until she realized who she saw. "That Luz girl is trying out?", amity asked scoffing. "Wait, that's Luz?", Willow said leaning forward a bit. "You know her?", amity asked. "Yeah from when we were kids", Willow replied.

"Shes my roomate", amity said. "She really sucks at keeping her side clean". "Yeah Luz has always been like that, she's gone through a lot though", Willow said, her voice toning down. "What do you-", amity started, being cut off by her dads whistle.

Amity's focus turned back to the ice and she watched the new players skate off. She caught eye of her best friend Boscha as she was helping lead the exercises. Surprisingly, Luz was good at them all. From stick handling to general skating. Amity was actually impressed.

Amity glanced over at Willow to see her admiring Boscha. Amity nudged willow's shoulder and laughed. "Oooo someone's eyeing their girlfriend", Amity teased. Willow blushed and pushed amity away in a playful manor. "Whatever", Willow said. 

Amity laughed a bit and went back to looking at Luz. She was really focusing on the way she skated. It seemed, almost graceful. Alador blew his whistle and told the players to get off the ice. He would announce who made the team after everyone got dressed.

Amity and Willow talked more while waiting for the players. One by one the current team members sat together in an area while Boscha went to go sit by her girlfriend and best friend. "Hey guys", Boscha said. She kissed Willow and sat down. Alador cleared his throat.

"Ok so I've thought carefully about this decision", he started. "As you all know, I can only accept one more player to the team". "This years new player is", he's started. The rest of the team started to stomp their feet trying to create some drumroll. "Luz Noceda!", he announced. The team clapped for her and she stood up. He gave her a stick, her gear, and a jersey. "Welcome to the huskies miss Noceda", he said putting a hand on her shoulder.

After the clapping died down he announced the time of practices. "Alright huskies on 3", he said . "1,2,3, huskies", the team shouted. Everyone left to go to their rooms. Luz looked at her jersey. "Number 11", Luz said to herself.

She walked over to Willow and the two other people who were standing by the door. "Nice job out there luz", Willow said. "Yeah you were great", Boscha added. "What did you think amity?", Luz asked. "You we're ok I guess", amity said looking away. "Well I thought I was awesome", Luz said. The two laughed at her and made small talk. Amity just zoned out in her thoughts.

They all started to walk out the door. Willow and Boscha went to their room while Luz and amity went to theirs. "You know blight", Luz started. "Oh so you figured it out", amity said. "Well you do look like coach a bit and I'm guessing those twins are your siblings so I put 2 and 2 together", luz replied.

They made it to their dorm and amity unlocked it. Luz said she would shower first and amity went back to her work. Luz walked out the bathroom to a box on her bed. It had a note from Eda. The note said, 'here are some things you might need, -Eda'.

In the box was a couple of causal outfits, something to sleep in, different pairs of shoes, and a phone. Luz took all the items out of the box and put the box under her bed. After looking at all of the clothes and shoes, she put them away in the drawers. She then began to set up her new phone. Amity observed curiously.

"Who sent you that stuff?", amity asked the girl. "It's like you said blight", Luz started." "None of your business", Luz said as she walked in the bathroom to change into something to sleep in. Amity rolled her eyes and put her work away.

She changed into her pjs while Luz was in the bathroom. She turned out the lights and climbed into her bed. Luz came out the bathroom and put her old clothes in a pile on the floor.

She climbed into bed and sighed. "I haven't laid in a bed this comfortable in a while", she said. "Yeah?", amity asked. "And why is that?". Luz yawned and said, " no es asunto tuyo". "As if I know what that means", amity said in an annoyed tone. "Figure it out blight", Luz said before drifting off to sleep. Amity turned over and did the same.

~1,232words~