Jealousy, Jealousy

Things have been going smoothly for Luz and Amity. Well they weren't dating but you could tell that there was some tension there. You could also tell that they like each other. Shocker.

Luz had woken up earlier than usual since she got a job. Yes, she is now making money and not having to work with Eda 24/7. The job wasn't the best but she got paid a lot which was worth it. She was working at a dance studio downtown. By working, she was cleaning.

She had a uniform which was black pants and a dark blue shirt, followed by a nice black hat that she obviously wore backwards. "Okay blight I'm going to work", Luz said shouting to the girl. "Finally, please drive safely", amity replied from the bathroom.

Luz got her licenses not too long ago with amity's help. Eda and Lilith bought her a pretty nice car which she was thankful for. When she got to work it was a good amount of cars there. She heard that there was a performance coming up for the dancers in a few days.

Luz walked into the building and went to get the key from the janitors closet. She never actually saw the dancers. Well only sometimes when they would leave but she's never actually been in the studio at the same time as them.

Luz got the supplies out the closet and put her headphones in. She had a rag in her pocket and spray bottle in the other. She started with the bathroom which didn't take that much. Luz got a little into the music, getting distracted from her cleaning.

She started to sing and dance. "Don't you know now, is the perfect time", Luz sang. "We can make it right, hit the city lights". "Then tonightttt, ease the lovin pain" "LET ME TAKE YOU TO THE MAX, WOOOOO!".

Little did Luz know, someone had walked into the bathroom. "I WANT TO LOVE YOU. PRETTY YOUNG THANG. YOU NEED SOME LOVIN. TENDER LOVIN CARE. AND I'LL TAKE YOU THERE!". "Oh will you now?", a female voice said. "SHIT", Luz jumped and took out her headphones. "I didn't know you were there", she said embarrassed. "How long have you been standing there?".

"Long enough to know that you've gotta be a descendant of MJ or something with those moves", the girl laughed. "I'm Avery Jones", she said sticking out her hand. "Luz Noceda", Luz replied, taking the girls hand and shaking it.

"You dance?", Avery asked. "No, well as a kid I did but nah", Luz replied. "Idk there Luz, that looked like some classic Michael moves to me", Avery said. Luz shook her head. "Whatever you say Jones", instinctually calling her by her last name. "Well I gotta go finish my shift". Luz saluted to her and walked to the empty studio to clean the floor and mirrors.

Avery caught up to her. "Wait, don't clean the floor yet". Luz looked at her. "Uhhh it's kinda my job", she said. "Well yeah I know but I wanna see you dance more", Avery replied. Luz was confused. "Why?". "Because you're good", Avery said. "How about you dance?", Luz said crossing her arms. "Fine I will", Avery said going to put on the song Luz was listening to.

Luz put her stuff down on the floor and leaned on the wall, watching the girl dance. The way she moved mesmerized Luz. She motioned for Luz to come join her and despite not wanting to, Luz did anyways. "There you go MJ", Avery laughed.

"I'll show you MJ", Luz said, moonwalking. "Okay now you're showing off". The two were having fun. Luz went and grabbed her cleaning stuff and started to clean the mirrors off while still dancing. She looked over and saw Avery helping her. They cleaned and danced together.

When the song ended, they are done and tired. They walked out the building and to Luz's car, agreeing to go get food. "Do you get into the cars of people you just met often?", Luz asked driving down the road.

Avery shrugged. "Nah just the ones who look like they're gonna take me away and murder me". Luz scoffed. "I do not look like a killer. "Mhmm I disagree", the other girl said."How do I look like one?", Luz asked. "Look at you. The clean killer. Or the janitor killer", Avery said. "Do I kill janitors or is it because I'm a janitor?", Luz asked to clarify. "...both", she got as a reply.