Saturdays are for the gays

As the sun rose, rays of light shined through the window. Amity yawned and turned over. She opened her eyes a little and caught a glimpse of the Latina. She closed them before opening them again and started to panic.

Trying to get out of bed, she moved too quickly and hit the ground waking up Luz in the process. "Blight?", Luz questioned yawing . The raspiness in her voice made the mint hair girl's face go completely red.  "Luz! You're awake! I mean obviously you're awake. It's morning and the sun is out and you're also talking well not really", rambled amity. "I'vebeentalkingfortoolong".

"What are you doing up?", Luz asked rubbing her eyes and sitting up. "I uh- have a thing to do, yeah a thing so I'm gonna go do that thing and I'll see you later!", amity said grabbing her bag and rushing out the door.

She started to speed walk down the hall to the locker room. She had an extra tooth brush and stuff packed so she could freshen up in there.

Once she got there she sat on the nearest bench to think. 'What just happened back there'. 'Did I just, ramble?' Amity walked into the sink area to freshen up and change into her practice clothes.

As she finished up, she grabbed her skates and went to the ice. Amity noticed something as she sat down to tie her skates. The lights were already on, but she wasn't the one to do it.

All of a sudden, music started to play. Ok now the girl was really confused. The door on the other side opened and amity ducked down quickly.

She heard someone skate onto the ice. But who?. The mysterious person started the music up again from their phone. Amity rose up a little to peak through the hockey glass and she thought she was seeing things. There she saw Luz Noceda, figure skating?!. Amity stared in awe.

The way Luz moved on the ice was so elegant (big words ik). Amity stood up and started to walk onto the ice. Luz noticed the girl and started to freak. "Blight?!", she said not paying attention. Luz ran into the wall. No surprise there. "Luz!!", amity screamed and skated over to the girl.

Amity reached her hand out which Luz gladly took. The two skated off the ice to the bench to talk about what amity just saw. "So...", luz said. "How much did you see?". "Mostly all of it", amity replied.

Luz sighed. "So you figure skate?", amity asked. "No! Well I don't know", luz started. "When I saw you when you were practicing yesterday-". "That was you?!", amity asked. "Uh yeah, it was", luz said rubbing the back of her neck.

"Anyways, when I went to go skate around yesterday, I saw you practicing your routine and I thought it was well eh". "Eh?", amity said offended by Luz's comment. "Well it's boring", Luz said. "Like the spins and all that are nice and all but like the music choice and just the classical moves just aren't it"." Some expert you are", amity said rolling her eyes.

"You gotta be able to take criticism blight", Luz said giving her a playful shove. "We're friends aren't we?", Luz asked. Friends. That word played over and over in amity's mind.

"Earth to blight", Luz said waving her hand in front of amity's face. Amity snapped back into reality. "Yeah we're friends", amity said, hating the words that came out of her mouth. "Then as your friend, I'm going to help you", Luz said standing up. "Yeah like I need your help", amity said following her.

The two went back to the ice. An idea popped into the blights head. "Ok luz, I have a way you can help", amity said smirking. "You can be my partner and compete in regionals with me". "What? No I will not", Luz said skating away. Amity skated after her. "And why not?", she asked. "If the team saw me figure skating, they would think I'm a dork", Luz said.

"Well you kinda are-", amity started before luz shot her a look. "Ok if you do it, I'll help you keep it a secret", amity said smiling. "However", amity started. "Oh great there's more", Luz said sarcastically. "If you don't, I'll tell them all about your little expertise on the sport", amity said. Luz looked at the girl who just blackmailed her. "So do we have a deal?", amity asked. Luz thought about it for a minute.