The Golden Guard

Hunter POV:

I roamed the halls of the underground bunker, monitoring the "workers". They looked tired. Did I care though? Nope, not one bit. My uncle is the boss of this whole operation we got going on. He put me in charge as his second in command. Well almost second.

His little annoying assistant Kikimora had that spot taken. But I still had a high ranking. Kiki and I did not get along. She was always trying to one up everything I did, and I did the same to her. I wanted my uncle to be impressed with my work. You see, my uncle took me in as a baby. I never knew my parents nor do I want to. They clearly didn't want me so why care who they are. My uncle cares for me. So I think. No, he does. If he didn't, he would've gotten rid of me a while ago. He keeps telling me that there's great plans for me. I wonder what it meant.

My position as the 'Golden Guard' was very important. I was my uncles eyes and ears. I also controlled most of the shipments that went out. Right here in this bunker is where the money was being made, but for some reason, the money rate was slow. High paying costumers weren't paying or buying for that matter. But why? That's was my next assignment. Find out why we weren't making anymore money.

If you haven't guessed, my uncle runs a drug cartel. Basically he gets people to work for him, by force, and he makes them make, package, and load drugs. We then ship them overseas and many other places around the world. We make millions. I know I shouldn't be involved with this kinda stuff at a young age but once you're in, you're in. Besides, it was kinda fun.

My uncle told me the story of the Nocedas. A family of great value to him. There was a mother, father, and daughter. Camila, Matáis, and Luz. My uncle and Matiás were close friends. They even started their own business together. They were the base of the cartel when it was nothing more than small deals on the streets. They knew it was wrong but they needed the money.

That's when matiás met Camila and everything changed. Once he ended up having a daughter, his illegal shenanigans with his friends came to an end. My uncle tried to convince him to continue but the Noceda wanted no part in it. This made my uncle angry. He tried taking all the money they made for himself. Matiás wouldn't let that happen though. He decided to take his wife, daughter, and the money, and run away.

My uncle however had other plans for him. When they tried to flee, my uncle had me take care of it. Basically I lit their house on fire and if that didn't take care of it, I blew the car up if they dared to get in it. Which they did obviously. I thought they all died but one survived.

That damn Luz. I will finish my job. She has that stupid blight with her too. I'll have to use her to my advantage. The blights and my uncle have slight history too. It was more or less him funding them. That wasn't important. What was important is that I find Luz and end her. But how to do it. I walk to my room and find my mask. I throw on my cloak and grab my bow staff just in case.

I sneak out the bunker so no one would question me. It was dark out so it was easy to sneak around. I had saw Luz with a woman named Eda a week ago. She would try to sell people "antique" goods. Seemed more like a scam to me. I knew exactly where the girl was, but I couldn't strike just yet. I then got an idea, I knew exactly where to go. I run through the woods, knowing my target. I see a big building come into view. There's cameras, nothing I couldn't get pass. I hide behind a tree when I hear a voice.

Amity POV:
"Mittens dad said take out the trash!", Edric yelled. "Did he actually or did he tell you to and you're making me because you're scared of the dark?", I asked. "Sh- shut up", he replied. I laugh at him and went to deal with the trash.

I've been handling the Luz thing pretty well. I haven't cried about it or thought about it in a while. That doesn't mean that I don't think about her. Shes all I ever think about but it doesn't make me sad anymore. I throw the trash in the bin and wheel it to the end of the road.

We may live in a manor but my parents still believe in chores. I lined it up nice so the garbage collectors could easily pick it up. I began to walk back up the driveway. Something felt off. Like I was being watched. I hated that feeling. I suddenly felt someone grab me. "HEY WHAT THE-", I yell before being cut off by something covering my mouth. Felt like a cloth. My vision got blurred and everything started to go black. The last thing I saw was a golden mask.