One mess after the other

3rd person POV:

"Luz passes it to Boscha, she takes it to the net, and...GOAL! And yet again, the huskies win the game", Edric announces. They've been on an amazing winning streak. Especially with the championships coming up. They definitely have a chance at making it.

Although tomorrow they play one of their toughest games against their top rival. Glandus. Glandus was known for one thing. Cheating. In some way, shape, or form, they always manage to cheat and sadly get away with it. Not this year. Boscha had a plan to ensure that they don't try to pull any stunts.

Right now the huskies were in the room where they had these elaborate meetings. They were all tuned in on what Boscha had to say. "So, we all know the Griffins have a special way of playing the game. And we aren't gonna let them cheat this year. Especially now that we have Luz, there's no way we're losing. Now we need to come up with a play that they'll never expect". She took a dry erase marker and started to draw on the whiteboard.

A few scribbles later, she presented the group with her play. "I call it the Noceda 911", Boscha said proudly. "Also known as la Noceda novecientos once", Luz said stepping in. The two did their amazing handshake and the team clapped for the play.

After a brief explanation the team was free to go. Luz however stayed behind. She was expecting someone to arrive. She took off her gear and only wore a dry-fit shirt and some comfortable pants. She decided to practice some turns because she knew how important figure skating was to Amity.

Amity POV:

Shit, I was supposed to meet Luz like 10 minutes ago. I throw on my clothes and run towards the rink. When I got in there I saw Luz. God she's hot. I mean um, she's good, yeah good. Her turns get better everytime I see them.

The thing is, I don't know how to feel after that little moment we had. I mean I know I like her, like, a lot. And I think she likes me but I'm not sure. I need to focus on regionals. Not the hot girl who I can't get out of my head. Just regionals. I laced up my skates and went to face my...crush. "Hi luz, I'm sorry I'm late". She stopped her spin and looked at me. Fuck those eyes. Focus blight focus.

"It's okay ams, you can take your time with me. I mean when it comes to me. I mean you know", she said rubbing the back of her head smiling. That smile. My whole stomach churns. Damn butterflies. "Okay, well what did you wanna work on?", I ask her trying to calm myself. "Actually, I wanted to show you something, since you've never seen me actually do what I can do, I'm gonna show you an idea that you can do for the solo portion of the comp. I could teach you after I show you", she said winking at me.

My knees. Someone please help. "Mhm okay yep ahuh", I say sounding a mess. You're embarrassing yourself amity get it together. Luz laughs and gives me her phone. I press play on the song and she skates to the middle of the floor.

As she starts, I swear my face got hot. The way she moves, her smile, her body, everything. Her leaps, her turns, she seems so free. When she ends, she does this tight spin that seems kinda difficult but she makes it look so, sigh.

This girl does something to me I swear. She skates over to me out of breathe. "So, what do you think?", she asked, her voice soft and hopeful. What did I think? I think you're the most amazing person I ever met and I wanna kiss you and I want you to hold me forever and never let me go, us spending eternity with each other...but I didn't tell her that part.

"It was cool, but not in a bad way. Like it was good but like not too good. Well no like you did amazing. You are amazing- like what you do and I'm gonna stop talking now". Nice going amity. "Thx...anyway I could help you learn it if you want. I think you would blow the judges away", Luz said. "You're right, I agree", I replied.

Of course she's right, she's Luz. "We should do something. This place has a pool right?", Luz asked. "Yeah it does, why?", I questioned. "Follow me", she said smiling and skating off. Oh no.

~Time skip~

So Luz convinced me to go swimming. I'm in the girls locker room anticipating going out. Our school has a swim team so a pool is obviously necessary. It's also fun and a general workout option.

Finally getting the guts, I walk out and prepare to see...her. Luz was in the pool messing around like always. I take off my towel. She spots me. Oh fuck. "Wow Amity, you look good", she said. Knees are buckling. It can't get worse. Next thing you know, Luz started to get out the pool. Hair, hands, ABS, omg collarbone. I'm gonna explode. She started walking towards me and I lost all feeling in my legs.

No one POV:

"Luz what are you-". *splash*. Luz busted out in a fit of laughter. "Luz! *cough* Lu- Luz. I CANT SWIM", amity said panicking and thrashing around. "Oh shit", Luz said diving in to help the poor girl. "Amity I got you, I got you", she said reassuringly.

Once they got out, amity could finally breath. Luz braced for impact, but amity didn't hit her this time. Luz heard light sobs. Was she crying? "Amity I'm sorry I didn't mean t-" *splash*. This time it was amity's turn to laugh. "Ha ha so funny", Luz said splashing amity. "I'm guessing you can swim huh?". "Of course, I'm a blight, we all know how to swim", she said flipping her hair. "But next time, don't push me in or I will drown you". Luz laughed. "Then why don't you come in here with me", Luz said smirking.

Of course amity wanted to...and she did. The two played around in the pool, their laughter echoing off the walls. Next thing you know they heard a door open. "Amity Blight, what are you doing in here", Alador said in a not so happy manor. "I'm sorry coach this is my fault", Luz said. "Noceda, I expect you to be running plays with your teammates, not messing around with my daughter. At least do something that has a lower chance of you catching a cold. Also it's late.", he said. "Amity please don't distract your girlfriend before our game against Glandus", he said before leaving.

"Girlfriend? No she isn't my- we are just friends. Best buds even. Like bffs and I'm done talking once again", amity said covering her face. "We should go", Luz suggested. "Yep we should", amity said, her words being muffled by her hands. They left the pool and went to go shower.

~back in their dorm~

Luz was sitting on her bed playing her guitar. It was a gift from Eda for Christmas. Amity was watching from her bed amused. "Luz who taught you how to play like that?", she asked. "My dad. He loved playing and showed me when I was young. From there I just had it inside of me", she replied reflecting on the memory.

"Wanna hear something?", she asked the curious girl. Amity nodded. Luz patted the space next to her and amity gladly joined Luz on her bed. Luz tuned her guitar little to get that perfect crisp sound. Luz closed her eyes and let her heart guide her fingers. Amity closed hers too and rested her head on Luz's shoulder. She felt so safe and content. After a while of plucking, Luz heard soft breathing. She looked over to see amity sleeping. "buenas noches mi amor"

Someone was hiding in the woods. Waiting. Scheming. The only person who would do that is Belos. He had been thinking of a way to finish what he started. Taking the Latina out and claiming what was his. He just needs to find it. Where is it? What is it? Little does he know, the key to what he's looking for is closer than he thinks.

Just then a notification goes off. Belos takes a phone out of his pocket. It's Hunter's. A message popped on the top of the screen. It read, "Hexide v.s Glandus: come see rising star Luz Noceda chew up those Griffins". An evil grin formed on Belos's face. "This is gonna be good".