Epilogue - The Birth

P.S. I don't really know much about childbirth so bare with me. I tried my best to make some of the things realistic and since I personally have not gone through labor so some things may not be as realistic.

Kisses and Happy Birthing Day!

THE 1ST OF MAY 2022

4:32am

harry's pov

flashsbacks for reminders:

the days after harryween 3: "...which would make your due date May 5th, 2022."

Heavy breathing is what wakes me up at 4:37 in the morning.

I rub my eyes open and see Y/N sat against the headboard with her eyes closed and her hands rubbing her belly. This felt like one of those moments in my parenting books. The 'In Labor' Chapter.

The chapter where the woman feels the most pain and the men feel the most helpless. The chapter where Y/N needs me on my A-Game. The chapter where my baby girl is born, but before that happens my poor fiancé needs to go through all of the pain.

I reach over to my nightstand and pull the dangling chain that switches on the lamp. I then grab the glass that's half full of water and hand it over to the woman who's having my baby.

"Breathe with me, honey." I tell her as we replicate a breathing technique I learned from one of my parenting books and our birthing class.

*two-ish months earlier*

"Do we really need to go to this?" Y/N whines as we pull up to the community center that was having their weekly birthing class. "You've read so many books and asked every single parent out there to give you advice. You're more than prepared, H."

"I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Our baby is coming in less than two months and with the album release coming out my brain is scattered and I need to embed all of this information in my head." I felt my eyes well up as I finished my sentence.

Y/N leaned over the console and cupped my face in her hands. "Honey, you need to take a breath. You've been working non-stop and if you keep stressing yourself out it's just going to get worse. Let's just take a deep breath, finish the class, and we can have a relaxing pool day."

We took one last breath together before I hopped out of the car and made my way over to Y/N's side. I placed her purse over my shoulder and held onto her hand. This was my first time in the community center and I was quite impressed.

A lady greeted us as we entered the air-conditioned building. "Hello and welcome to our birthing class. Please grab a pillow and a blanket and take a seat anywhere you'd like. There are also some refreshments on the Northeast side of the building. The instructor will be with you shortly."

We made our way around the room and found a spot in the back corner because a lot of eyes were already fixated on us as we walked in. Being a distraction was something Y/N didn't want to be and whatever she wants, she gets. Although, I myself don't mind the attention. (we know you do, harry)

I laid the blanket down and guided Y/N making sure she doesn't slip on the hardwood floor. After she got settled into my lap, I let my eyes wander around the room. There were so many people in here and it's crazy to think that in a couple of months these babies are going to be living in this crazy world.

My own child was going to be living in this world.

A creation that Y/N and I made together.