I

"Welcome it is nice having you here!" Your father said as he was reunited with his old high school friend. He and his wife came over to visit along with their son who was the same age as you. You were just coloring your coloring book with your mother. Your mother took a hold of your hand you two walked up to them. They all started introducing themselves. Your eyes land on the boy and he met yours.

"Y/n meet Jin he's the same age as you he's 4" you hugged your mother tightly and they all laughed. He was also stuck to his mother like glue. You all went to the living room they were talking catching up. You just sat there watching tv he approached you and you freaked out. Out of instinct, you threw him one of your plushies hitting him in his forehead. "Y/n no sweetie you can't do that," your mom says Jin was rubbing his forehead where the plushie hit him. "I'm so sorry Y/n did that" Jin's father shakes his head.

"Don't worry it's okay" you felt bad and go to Jin. He stared at you and you move his hand from his forehead. You kiss his forehead and they all gasped and smiled. "Omg that's so cute," his mother said and you take a seat on the couch. Your mother always kissed you where you were hurt which made you feel better.

One time you fell and scraped your knee your mother cleaned the scrape, put a band-aid, and kissed it. So you did the same for Jin "Those two for sure will be friends." His father said smiling. Later on, they would constantly come over to visit. You would play with him and things were going well but as you got older it wasn't the same and distanced yourselves but would go back to each other.

14 years later

"You are going with Jin" you look at your mother and stop eating. "What no I can walk to school alone" she shakes her head objecting "No you can't walk alone." You weren't trying to argue with her you understood where she was coming from "But he doesn't like me" she rubs your shoulders "I'm sure he does what happened? All of a sudden you two aren't so close like back then."

"I ask myself the same question" you finish up eating and you wash your dish. The doorbell rings and your mother then opens it "Hi Jin" he greets her "Is she ready?" She makes way for him to come in "Yeah she's just washing her dish." He excuses himself and goes to the kitchen "Look at you a hard worker" you close your eyes already annoyed.

"Shut up it's too early for this" he smiles "Hurry up if I'm late I'll be constantly bothering you." You turn off the water and splash him he let out a gasp. "You already do that," you say and go put your shoes on. "Mom I'm leaving" you go to her and kiss her cheek. She says bye to you both and you two walk in silence.

You played with the bottom of your skirt and you were constantly checking the time on your phone which he noticed. "Don't you dare Y/n" you hear the motorcycle coming and smirk at him "Too late see ya later" you see your best friend coming in his motorcycle you get on and wave while Jin gave up he was done with you.

"That girl is driving me insane" he started breathing in and out to calm himself. You get to school first and you get off the motorcycle removing your helmet "Thank you Jungkook." He smiles "No problem but you know he'll come after you right."

"No he won't right now he's probably passing the park" Jungkook looks back and you follow his gaze just to see Jin coming and he was glaring at you both. "Oh shit well bye" you quickly walk away somewhere far from there. Jungkook started laughing and Jin places his hand on his shoulder making him get all tense. "Jungkook I never expected you to betray me like that."

Jungkook was your best friend but he was also Jin's best friend he was the person that connected you both even though he was younger than you both. You met him at the park he helped you from when Jin left you while you fell trying to chase him. Jin knew him from an after-school program. You later found out he was Jin's friend and he found out that Jungkook was your friend. That just made the hate amongst you two grow more.

Not only you were competing to have him just as your best friend but because of Jin, you are never able to be the top student you are always or get second place, unfortunately. You study, try all your best to get first to be the top student but you can never pass him.

You were walking behind a group so you would blend in but he grabs your backpack stopping you from moving and drags you inside the building. He lets you go but traps you in between his arms against the locker. He knew you would run away again so in doing that you wouldn't be able to. You look up at him "You know Jin you're really handsome" he shows you a fake smile then gets serious "Stop trying to distract me now why did you do that?" You made a thinking gesture "I don't know I wanted to get to school quickly."

"Why do you make things so difficult. I'm just trying to do what your mother told me too. Yeah, I trust Jungkook, I know you're safe with him but what if something happened. You can't just run off like that." You hadn't thought about it that way and it made you feel bad "I'm sorry" he felt bad and sighs "You don't have to apologize just don't let it happen again."

He moves to set you free you extended your hand and adjust his glasses. "They were sliding off it bothered me" since he was looking down at you his glasses were moving down. You both walk to class and take your seats you started talking to your desk mate. "Did you study for the quiz?" You look at her "What quiz?" You look back to look at Jin who was smirking he knew the whole time about it. You had messed up.