Overtime

Ok so basically if your reading this you probably found it off my tiktok, but if you didn't....hey 😘. I know some of y'all have high standards for this book I'm trying not to disappoint though 😔. Be nice Por favor I'm trying. I'll try to update daily too! Anyways bye ✌️. Also this chap is dedicated to @thethirdduartesister_ on tiktok because they got me twirlin my hair and shi
—————————————————————

Holy shit.
How could one person talk for half an hour straight.
I nodded my head along to whatever Charlie was saying and kept my attention on my phone. I was watching the live security footage of the back room where Bia was napping in her little carrier.

"Well?"
I snapped my head up at the end of his little rant.

"Uhm could you repeat what you just said please", I said with a grimace.

His face cringed up before he nodded.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to grab a drink tonight?" , he said nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

I blinked.
Once.
Twice.
I hadn't been on a date in months, to be honest. I didn't have time for it.

I was to busy taking care of Bia, my sisters baby, while she was deployed. She was my main priority at the moment, same with the dojo.

I didn't know what to do except stare blankly at him.

"Sorry Charlie I can't. Teagen's making me work extra hours tonight. I won't be done for another two hours."

I "would be finished" at ten.

A complete lie, but the excuse worked for now.

He looked a bit flustered at my answer.

"Oh it's fine, maybe I could stick around and help a bit so you finish earlier?"

Damn it Charlie.

I was really trying not to like him, but ugh.

"Ok. But I have my sister's baby with me today, so no bars or drinking", I said sternly.

He smiled a bit, oh God that smile had me weak in the knees.

Maybe this would work after all.

"Of course, we could always grab a McFlurry or something quick like that, I know Bia shouldn't be staying up that late.", he chuckled.

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

I gave him a small smile. And nodded.

I led him to the office in the back and gestured for him to be quiet around the baby.

He helped me carry some customer files to one of the mats in the dojo where I started to separate files by training classes and their students.

The dojo that me and my bestfriend had bought and built was pretty well off, we had bookings everyday.

We finished in only an hour, I said it was because "there wasn't as much as I thought".

Wrapping my coat tightly around myself I locked the dojo up, and turned to see that he was making funny faces at Bia.

I discreetly smiled at myself.

If he could make her smile then maybe this could work.

After he helped me cover her carrier with a blanket we walked two blocks towards the McDonald's downtown.

This late at night it was pretty much empty so we found a nice seat towards the back of the restaurant.

I had just ordered a coffee for me, and pulled out a pre made bottle for Bia.