Mankiller

Hey mamas, this is my second chapter today because I need to make up for lost time so, here you go babes. 😘
————————————————————————

Teagen had eventually made it back to the dojo safely, and had informed me that Bia had calmed down on the way back.

Thankfully she was just tired.

We agreed that it was best if we closed early, and headed home.

"Your sure you don't want to spend the night at my place? It's no big deal. Maybe you shouldn't go back there with Conner.", I asked concerned.

Teagen lived with her boyfriend Conner. Personally I never liked the guy.

He never warmed up to me, even though him and Teagen had been dating for months already.

I never really let my guard down around him, and I never ever brought B around him.

And oh God did he have anger issues. Earlier this year they had hosted a super bowl party at their apartment, and let's just say they had to buy a new t.v. the week later.

I tried to have an intervention with Teagen, but she assured me that he just had a little to much to drink that day.

Bull fucking shit.

I tried again and again to try and keep T away from him as long as possible, by making up excuses about me needing help with Bia, or needing her to go on a grocery trip for me. Even helping me organize files at the dojo. Even if it meant scrambling then all before she got there.

But at the end of the day, she still went back to him. As much as I hated it.

"I promise Mer, it's fine.", she chuckled. Hugging me one last time before she headed off in the direction of the lot across the street.

Letting out a deep sigh, I looked down at Bia sleeping in her carrier. A slow smile spread across my face.

She could live stress free for years, and one day appreciate her childhood.

It's all my sister wanted for her, and I swore that until she came back I would try my best, even if I had no idea what I was doing.

I've adapted somehow, and found my own way to do things.

I buckled Bia into the car, before I pulled out. Making sure I didn't read end any cars on my way out.

I was careful driving on the way home, the roads were still flooded from the storm earlier.

Which had literally came out of nowhere.

When I got home it was already dark out, which meant it was bedtime for B.

And for me.

Pulling the covers over my head, I couldn't find it in me to fall asleep.

Something in my gut was pulling at me.

The same feeling from earlier with the guy.

Prayer.

It couldn't hurt could it?

Just as I closed my eyes, my phone started blaring.

Nobody ever called me this late.
No, nobody ever called me at all.

I quickly answered, and heard the sobs of Teagen Quincy.

I shot out of bed, throwing my shoes on at the words she mumbled.

"Mad" "drunk" "aggressive" "forced"

I was already out the door with Bi in her carrier before she finished.