Great wall of China

Getting into my starting stance I started to circle the dummy, trying to come up with a sequence.

I decided to go for the neck.

Flying forward I linked my leg are the dummy's head and pulled that fucker down with me.

I body slammed the dummy on the floor and straddled it.

I sent repeated punch's into its face, blowing off the steam from the last week.

I must have been going for a while before a tiny cough broke my trance.

I cleared my throat and got off the dummy.

One of the girls looked up at me in awe.

"That was totally cool", she gasped.

The other looked equally as impressed.

"My uncle d can do that too, he's really good like you", One of them said.

Their names were aria and ash

I still couldn't figure out which was which, but hey, at least I remembered their names.

"That's super cool", I said, entertaining their conversation.

Fuck.

I pulled the business card out of my leggings pocket and dialed the number.

"Marcus Campo speaking"

I guess that must be the mans name.

"Hi uhm Marcus, it's mercy. I just realized I have something important to go to in about an hour, and I might need you to come pick up the girls.", I said, wincing.

"Oh mercy honey don't worry about it, I'll send my bud D to handle it", he said, swearing going on in the background.

"Wonderful, do you have any idea what time he's going to be here-", I was cut off by the sound of the disconnection.

I turned back to the girls who were double teaming the dummy.

"Aria, ash, D is coming to pick you guys up soon", I said.

They immediately perked up.

The practically slide out of the rink and hoped onto the floor next to me.

We walked towards the front of the dojo, where their coats were hanging on the rack.

I helped them slide their jackets on, and zipped them up before a black car slide up to the curb in front of the dojo.

A ginormous man emerged from the car, wearing a hoodie and a baseball hat, along with some sunglasses.

What the hell.

The man opened the door and walked inside the dojo, and stopped right in front of me.

And for just a moment I thought I was going to meet a nice stranger-

"Why is it so hot in here?", a gruff voice asked.

My eyebrows shot up.

"Because I'm cold", I snapped back.

"I don't like your attitude", he snapped back.

"I don't like yours either", I snarked.

He rolled his eyes, and motioned for the twins to follow him out the door.

Right before he fully got through the door, he poked his head back through the door.

"And by the way, your hair looks like a birds nest", he snickered.

"Ugh", I scoffed, flattening down my hair, and combing my fingers through it.

What an asshole.

This man had to be around my age, or something close to it, not fucking 5.

I glanced at the clock, and realized I didn't have much time before my night class started, so I slid on my own coat and locked up the dojo for the rest of the day.

I couldn't focus on the professor while I was intensely glaring at the monsters guilty of clicking pens.

I set my head down on the table, silently groaning.

Only one semester left before I officially earned my two-year degree from community college.

I didn't really know what I was going to do with that degree, but it gave me a sense of security knowing I had a chance in the real world.

I was 23, running a dojo, taking care of a baby, working towards a degree.

And people have the audacity to complain about how far the t.v. remote is from their couch.

But don't lie, we've all been there.

( a/n: smh 🤦‍♀️ )

After the professor dismissed us I was the first one to bolt out of the classroom.

I got into my car, and sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

In those minutes of silence, my stomach started rumbling.

The problem was I was int be middle of nowhere.

I mean there was a gas station about two miles south, I guess that's my only option.

This was a bad idea.

I should have just gone home, but no I had to go a freaking gas station at 9 o'clock at night.

I guess I'm going to have to make the most of it.

The beep of the sensor made the cashier snap out of his little nap.

He just nodded in a welcoming manner, as I began my search for a snack.

I settled for a Twix and a monster.

Don't judge me, I think I've earned it.

Getting back to my car, i pulled out my card from my wallet and went to pump gas.

I sat on the curb watching the pump for a few moments before it was done.

I went to take it out when I sensed someone behind me.

I spun around swinging my fist out.

But whoever was standing their caught it swiftly.

With a confused look, my eyes shot up to see whoever this was, only to see that man who picked up the twins earlier.

"Oh god not you again", I groaned, pulling my wrist from his grip.

"Your like 4'11 with the attitude of someone my height.", he said, cocking his head to the side.

" I'm 5'9 you fucker", I spat out.

"Oh really? I didn't notice", he said feigning innocence.

Groaning I spun around, walking away from him only for him to call out from behind me.

"I just wanted to let you know your trunk was open, dumbass", he said, turning on his heel, walking away.

"Smartass", I scoffed.

"I heard that", he yelled from somewhere in the night.

"You were meant too"