Marcus Campo is a psychic

Hey guys, author here. I just wanted to thank all of you so much for your encouragement and compliments, and I never really thought I was going to be able to finish this. It's almost been a year, and several times where I was ready to quit, but for all of you that really like it I kept going. I love you all so much and thank you for supporting my first story 🖤. Enjoy 🤭
__________

I woke up gasping for air and beads of sweat on my forehead.

I glanced at the clock and I blinked a few times to make sure I saw the numbers clearly.

2:45 a.m.

I grumbled and slid out of bed slowly, carefully not waking up anyone.

I crept to the balcony door and slid it shut behind me.

"Cant sleep?" A voice asked and my soul almost left my body.

"Jesus Christ you scared the life out of me," I hissed at Reid who was watching me with amusement.

"Your welcome," he murmured pulling the cigarette out of his mouth.

He look out into the night sky, his face drooping in an exhausted expression.

"Are you going to tell me what's up with you?" I asked, leaning against the balcony railing.

"I don't think I have the strength to talk about it," he said, putting the cigarette back in his mouth.

"Her. You mean you don't have the strength to talk about her." I said softly.

He looked at me with a pained expression and dropped the cigarette to the ground and crushed it under his shoe.

"She hated the smell of smoke. Said it reminded her of her asshole father. She would hate me if she knew me now," he murmured, scratching the back of his head.

"Have you ever thought of going to see her?" I asked, immediately wishing I could take it back.

"I c-can't," he stuttered, his voice turning into panic.

"Hey hey, Reid. It's ok, calm down. You don't have to do anything you don't want to," I reassured, putting a hand on his bicep.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," he murmured before going back inside.

I let out a frustrated sigh and followed him back inside.

I couldn't fall asleep for the rest of the night.

______

"Oh boy," Milo grinned, rubbing his hands together in anticipation as we all started to get ready in the room.

"You're freaking her out," Teagen snapped at him,

"Freaked out? Me? Never? Me? Freaked out? Absolutely not. That's crazy. I've never been freaked out in my life," I rambled, proving to everyone that I was in fact freaked the fuck out.

"Sorry Merc," Milo cringed.

Biscuit must have sensed my anxiety because he came over to where I was sitting and rested his head in my lap.

"Fuck it's 9:15," Reid yelled, walking out of the bathroom.

"Let's hurry the fuck up," Ashley cursed, and one by one we rushed out of the room.

Milo repeatedly smashed the elevator button.

"You know it's not going to go faster the more you press it," Reid said dryly.

"So?" Milo shrugged.

"I give up," Reid muttered, rubbing his temples.

"Come on," Teagen hissed as the elevator was descending as slow as possible.