Show stopper

Third chapter of the day y'all  💪💪
_______________________________

The cops sat with flabbergasted expressions in front of the desk.

"So you took him on yourself?" One of them asked, mouth wide.

I nodded.

"And your a black belt in more then one martial art?", the other asked, scribbling something down.

I nodded once again.

"Are you just not going to talk?" The first one asked again.

I nodded again.

I knew better then to say anything to cops.

The justice system is screwed up in this country, I wasn't going to say anything to incriminate myself or Teagen, I was Hispanic, first generation American, and she was African American herself.

They eventually let me, Teagen, and Bia go home, and I told Teagen she had no choice but to live with me, and exhausted, she complied.

That night I didn't sleep.

The next morning Teagan asked if she could stay home for the day, and of course I agreed.

I opened, I taught my class, and I closed.

The same schedule, except today felt different.

I don't really know why though.

We lost a lot of clients today, I don't know why.

The sky seemed darker today, I don't know why.

I cried a little harder that night, I don't know fucking why.

You ever know that feeling that just crawls inside of you and it seems to grow every time you wonder about it? It wrapping around your soul and starts to squeeze?

But that night I cried. I cried for myself, for Teagen. I cried for Bia. I cried for my sister, who might not even be alive. I cried for the dojo, that might as well close its doors soon.

I honestly hadn't slept well lately and I blame Mercury's retrograde.

Anyways I decided to take the day off too as well, so I decided to call my clients of the day to tell them that last minute emergency occurred, and that the dojo would be close for the day.

I still went in of course.

I shut all the blinds on the windows, and turned on the red lights.

It was our dojo's signature feature, considering the name.

The red district.

I locked the front door, and grabbed my boxing gloves.

I was freezing my butt off considering the heater to the gym was broken and I certainly didn't have the money or time to fix it.

And I had decided to wear a sports bra and running shorts.

I set up one of the boxing dummy's in the center of the ring, and tied my hair back.

I strapped my gloves on, and took my starting stance.

I worked out for about an hour before police sirens and the wails of ambulances.

I quickly through off my gloves and rushed to the door, quickly unlocking it.

I pushed open the door open to see oh God.

Winnie.

Winnie was being wheeled out of her flower shop, on a stretcher, my stomach fell.

I rushed over to the stretcher before they loaded her in, to see what had happened.