7. Nightmares

Y/N's POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open to birds chirping and the fan whirring on the ceiling. I yawn, stretching my arms as I get out of my bed. I had a really nice night binge watching sitcoms with Wanda. It's nice to know I was able to bring her some comfort.

My phone suddenly rings, I still have no clue on how to use those mini critters so I mainly tend to avoid those little screen. I pick the phone up from my nightstand and bring it to my ear.

Y/N: Hello.--- Who is this?--- Yeah this is Avengers Compound.--- No, I don't know who that is.--- Sorry.

I put the phone back down in confusion. I head to the bathroom to take a nice warm shower and walk back out in my basketball kit for morning practice.

I love basketball. Best thing to ever bless the 21st Century.

(a/n: the Avengers basketball uniform that only Y/N wears religiously

(a/n: the Avengers basketball uniform that only Y/N wears religiously.)

-

Walking into the halls of the Compound, I see Natasha and Steve eating breakfast.

Y/N: Hey guys.

Steve: Hey Y/N, how you doing?

Y/N: I'm good, wanna shoot some hoops?

He gives me a look, seeing me in my uniform and chuckles. Natasha then smiles at me.

Natasha: I like the kit, suits you.

Y/N: I know right! I  don't understand why Sam and Steve don't wear it.

Steve: Because I don't play the game seriously. Like you.

Y/N: Pssst. I don't play it seriously.

I huff, before getting myself a protein bar and eventually making my way to the Sports Hall of the compound, it's like a proper NBA style court with a few rows of seats, obviously something only Tony would afford.

Sam: Y/N! You're here! I am totally not suprised...

Y/N: Ready to have your ass handed to you.

Sam: You made that clear on our first time playing.

Y/N: Fine, I'll go easy on you, bird boy.

The two of us then begin to go one on one, Sam starts off with the ball but I quickly 'break his ankles' and retrieve the ball, he tries to intercept but I'm too quick and I do my first ever slam dunk.