43. Love & War

3rd Person POV

After the X-Men had received the location of where the Professor was held captive, they wasted no time in getting prepared to get there.

All of the remaining members including Jimmy and Erik all joined in to now help, this was what was left now. The fight to save an entire race.

Time was running short...

-

The ship eventually landed on a soft patch of vibrant grass, it was a very bright and colourful island they were on. Full of saturated leaves with different hues.

A mechanical sound was heard, which was coming from the ramp lowering down, revealing our heroes.

Cyclops, Two Wolverines, Marvel Girl, Storm, Gambit, Beast and Magneto.

Y/N was now concentrated, not on anything but his children, who he could feel their heartbeats... they were somewhere... below.

The man looked at their leader, who know he had developed respect for, and told him his observation.

Y/N: Something is happening below this land. I can feel it.

Scott: Alright. Jean, Storm and Gambit, you guys are with me and Y/N... and Jimmy, Erik and Hank, you guys stay above for standby.

Everyone nodded at his orders and the five decided head across while the other three stood by the jet.

Scott lead his team as they ran and Jean flew across the island hoping to find some sort of opening.

As they ran across, becoming distant with fhe jet, neither one had any idea where they could get under the island while being stealthy at the same time.

The five continued, before suddenly Y/N stopped, his brows furrowed as he heard something.

Ororo: Something wrong, Y/N?

Y/N: I-

Suddenly, one by one, several black supernatural hands grabbed at each of their legs by suprise, causing them to yelp in confusion.

The ground became soft and quicksand like, and a five of the heroes were sucked. Not even the sheer strength of Jean Grey could fight out of the grasp.

Once fully sucked in, it was all dark. Pitch black.

Tendrils snaked around the X-Men's arms and legs, pulling them into an imprisoned position...

Y/N tried ejecting his vibranium claws out, but to no avail, he was unsuccessful. All groans came out, and neither of their powers could fight these mysterious ties around their bodies.

Jean: I can't use my powers on these things!

The redhead cried, Scott tried reaching for his glasses but he couldn't fight the constricting tight force against his hands.

???: I wouldn't move, X-Men. My restraints get tighter the more you do it.

Remy: You call these restraints?

???: You're right, Mr LeBeau... I call it mercy.

And from the shadows, a figure revealed himself... cracked grey skin and red eyes of a broken man.

Mr Sinister.

He tip toed his way towards Y/N, who was cuffed above in the dark room...