21. Advice

"He made a choice. He chose you."

Y/N's POV

I made it back to the compound, and Tony came back the next day. Eric Killmonger also came along too. He believed he needed to be there and help us, he lost half of his own nation aswell.

Now it was time to put together the rest of the team.

I was currently in the quinjet, on our way to Tokyo, with Natasha. We were on our way to get Clint back.

Smoke left my mouth as I took the cigar from my lips, as I stayed seated as the quinjet remained on autopilot.

Natasha then walked in, wiping her face with a towel. I stood up realising I have to throw away my cigar and head towards the bin, throwing it in after I burned it against my skin to avoid flames.

Natasha: You okay?

I avoid eye contact and turn around, nodding.

Y/N: Yeah I'm fine. Just worried about Jeannie that's all.

I start to walk towards my seat before Nat steps infront, my breath immediately hitches and I look at her.

Natasha: I'm worried about you.

Y/N: Don't be.

I move from my position back to me seat, I hear Nat sigh and she follows me, sitting right beside me.

Natasha: You know, we haven't had the chance to talk properly. I mean, we go out to Disney land with Jean but we haven't had a one to one conversation.

Y/N: Is there something you want to tell me?

I say, finally looking up at her conflicted eyes, she shakes a bit before nodding. Her hand finds her way to my cheek which I allow her to, her eyes then look into mine painfully.

Y/N: Natasha...

Natasha: Back at Clint's house in 2015, we met, started talking and realized that we had so much in common. We shared the same thoughts, ideas and so many things in life as well. I fell faster than ever before, but at the same time felt that you were holding back a little. I tried to pull you close but you kept me at a distance...

Natasha: I am so in love with you but I know that your heart still belongs to her

I sighed, knowing this isn't my fault but a part of me felt bad, tears were in her eyes and I couldn't dare to look at them.

Natasha: It's okay Y/N. It's my fault and I'm sorry.

Y/N: I... uh... I love spending time with you, whether it’s walking down the street, hanging out with Jean or watching movies. I cherish every minute I have with you because you are my best friend and an amazing person... but you're right, I can't love you the way you want me to, not the way I loved Wanda.