36. What Is This Place?

A/N: Just so no one gets confused, this section happens BEFORE the very end of the last chapter in the WandaY/N arc.

So in simple terms, Jeannie hasn't met Charles yet. It won't happen yet UNTIL I write it from the proper perspective.

3rd Person POV

Back in Sokovia, Wanda had now settled in a cottage in the middle of the lonesome woods alongside Jeannie. The mother and daughter had eachother after letting go of Y/N and two more important people in their life.

It was hard, especially for someone as young as Jeannie. Only by the ripe age of 5 she had experienced many losses... and she was losing her mother again.

Not physically, but Wanda had engrossed into the Darkhold, she spent an entire week so far reading the book after leaving the hex, and she made an astral projection to walk around the house. But Jeannie wasn't stupid.

A small pair of hands set down a plate of with warm tea and a cut piece of cake, right by the corner of the doorway that led to where Wanda was practicing her magic

Jeannie: Here you go, Mama.

The little girl sniffed, thinking she was helpless that she couldn't save her own mother. She was alone.

Jeannie ran back into her room as a gush of tears came through her eyes, she wanted to go back to the good old days, back to Westview. Where everything was carefree and joyous.

Was she too selfish to want simple things?

-

Y/N's POV

After recovering from the fact that Wanda's brother was safe and living his whole life the entire time. It made me somewhat happy knowing he was great, it clearly didn't have me much fazed. It's not out of the ordinary to see people come back. But Pietro was different.

The Professor was now by my side, he wanted to show me the school and the entire purpose of this place for the gifted.

Charles: Anonymity is a mutant's first defence against the world's hostility. To the public, we're merely a school for gifted youngsters.

Leading me through the campus, I see a large field with several students playing like normal children, some looked different and some acted different. These people were like me.

Charles: Cyclops, Storm and Jean were some of my first students. I protected them, taught them to control their powers and, in time, teach others to do the same.

I saw Scott, telling off a child, he gave me boy scout vibes. And I don't like him. At all.

Charles: The students are mostly runaways - frightened, alone. Some with gifts so extreme they're a danger to themselves and those around them...