6

RIHANAAAAA???

onika

Today was the day I was going over to Amir's school to play basketball with his Coach.

I even asked Amir for help with some stuff, I wasn't lying when I said I was competitive.

I'm obviously not going to win but I didn't want to completely embarrass myself. I have confidence in myself, maybe I'll score.

Robyn was actually going to watch Imani so I had to wait for her to start childishly ringing on my doorbell to leave.

"Robyn!" I yelled when I opened the door, she kept ringing the doorbell over and over.

"Sorry. Where's my god daughter?" She invited herself inside and looked around.

"She's not your- she's upstairs taking a nap." I wasn't going to burst her bubble, she's wasn't Imani's godmother though.

"Can I go get her?"

I checked the time on the over first, "I guess so." She was about to wake up on her own anyways.

Robyn ran upstairs and came back downstairs with a half asleep Imani in her hands.

"Are you excited for Auntie Rob to hang out with you?"

Imani shook her head no and reached for me.

"Really? And to think I was about to take you for ice cream." Robyn started fake wiping her tears.

"No! Sorry!" Imani started helping Robyn wipe her fake tears. That girl will do anything for some ice cream.

"Onika what are you wearing under that shirt?" She pulled on my collar and peeked down my shirt.

"Girl if you wanted to see my you know what's you could've just said that." I couldn't say the actual word because Imani was right here.

"I did and I'm not ashamed. Take your shirt off."

"Excuse me?"

"Just wear the sports bra, show off your assets. I found out she's not a you know what girl but still use that to your advantage."

"What?"

"The sports bra and leggings match so take your shirt off and just wear the sports bra. Beys gonna like it."

I don't know why she was telling me this like I was supposed to care.

"BeyBey?!" Imani started getting excited when she heard her name.

"BeyBey? Imani you met her?"

Jesus. She was about to run with this.

"Yeah! She's so nice and pretty, we stole cookies from mommy."

"You hear that? She's so nice and pretty Nika. She would make a great stepmom." She whispered the last part.

Imani was nodded and she didn't even know what we were talking about.

"My kids don't need a step- anything. I should get going anyways."

"Imani don't you think mommy would look so much better with her stomach out? For BeyBey?"

"Yeah!" This girl was just agreeing with whatever Robyn was saying for some ice cream.

"No Robyn. Don't let Imani manipulate you and Imani remember what I said. The both of you be good and I'll be back very soon."

They both yelled "bye" as I left the house. I texted Coach Knowles that I was on my way before I left and started driving.

She told me what door to come in and I liked the message. Since I drive to the school almost every day, the drive felt like five minutes.