19

another short one

onika

It was Wednesday and I only had two things on my agenda. Going to talk to August and going to see Bey during her lunch break to make me feel better about whatever August is going to say or do to me.

After I dropped Imani and Amir off I went straight to Augusts house. I texted him earlier to check if he was awake and he was.

I wasn't going to get out of my car so when I got to his house I texted him that I was outside.

He came outside shirtless, he's so embarrassing.

I rolled the window down when he was close enough. He looked mad for whatever reason. "Don't ask me for shit."

"How many times have you cheated on me? With how many women?"

He didn't say anything. "Exactly. So why are you mad that I went on a date with someone else? We've been divorced for years and her and I aren't even dating. That was the first date we went on."

"So you're still single?"

"And not available to you. Do you only hear what you want to?" He acts like such a man.

"Okay I'll give you the car, get out."

"No." I already know what he's trying to do.

He reached his hand in the car and I flinched back and covered my head.

"Why are you doing all that? I'm not about to hit you." He thought it was funny, I could hear the amusement in his voice.

"Amir needs a car. Please." This was far from funny for me, I was embarrassed.

"Okay then get out the car. It's that simple."

"No August."

"Why are you acting brand new all of a sudden? You go on one date and you think shit is different now?"

"August stop."

"Drive safely." He patted the top of my car and went inside.

As dumb as I may seem in this situation I'm really not. August gives me money for the kids and money for myself. I barely ever touch the money he gives me for myself, I just move as much as I can without over drafting the account or raising any suspicions into another account he can't access.

August's dumbass also taught me about stocks and investing. I don't check it often but over the past six years my money has multiplied.

I'm sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars, maybe over a million from August that he doesn't know about. I don't play about my kids, they'll always be good regardless of what August and I have going on.

I'm not touching that money unless I absolutely need to. If I don't ever need it I'll give it to my kids after I die. August is going to get Amir that car, he's just being difficult.

I texted Bey that I was coming to see her and she said okay. It was an even longer drive to the school from Augusts house but it was fine.

It was still early when I got there but I told her I was coming so it must be a B day.

To get into the school you need this white card that you scan and since I'm the president of the PTA I have one.

I entered the school through the gym and walked to Robyn's office first. They were connected by a wall so after I'm done talking to Robyn I can just walk through the door to Beys.

I knocked on the door and came in after Robyn said I could. "Hey, you look good." She looked like an actual teacher today. She had a stack of papers on her desk too.