51

onika

My alarm went off and I tried to stop it before Bey woke up like I did yesterday. Also like yesterday, she woke up anyways.

"Sorry. Go back to sleep."

"Don't go." She wrapped her arms tighter around me. She was still asleep, she probably didn't even know she was talking.

"I'll be back soon." I slid out her arms from the bottom and went to wake Amir up.

Before I could even start knocking on his door, he opened it. He was already dressed with his backpack on.

"Why are you up?" He's not good at being slick at all.

"Can I have my phone back now?"

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Can Bryson please pick me up? Please?" He clamped his hands together and made puppy dog eyes.

I didn't realize how much time they spent together before I caught them. Amir spent more time with him then at home. I should've known something else was going on.

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"Why do you need to be at school this early?" He's about to lie, watch.

"To shoot hoops and practice, we could get a good hour in if I leave soon."

"Now the answers no just because you're lying to me." I was beyond tired of it now.

"I think sometimes secrets between a mother and son are necessary. Some stuff is just a gross amount of information."

"I'm your mother and I need to know where you are and what you're doing at all times. I already told you about lying to me."

"He was going to perform oral sex on me and we were going to go to breakfast after. Is that what you wanted me to tell you?"

"Amir it's like five in the morning." He doesn't need be doing anything like that before the sun even comes all the way up.

"Yeah but it's really the only time we have, it's not like you're going to let me see him after school."

"You're right."

He got excited and squeezed his backpack straps, "So I can go?"

"No." His face fell. "I don't think you understand how punishment works. The only places you're allowed to go to is school and practice. I would've maybe thought about it but you lied. I'm about to not let you see him at all if you don't stop."

He mumbled, "It's not like you see him anyways."

"If you want him to come over, that's fine with me as long as you guys stay in the living room. But if I catch you lying to me one more time, there will be no more Bryson one you leave that school building. Try me."

"Can I at least text him? l won't even leave the room with my phone, I promise."

"How did you even get in contact with him to plan what you guys were about to go do?"

"I was texting him off my laptop before I gave it to you last night."

"And instead of saying goodnight or something of meaning you asked him for oral sex..?" Him saying oral sex made me me start saying it.

"I said goodnight to him before I gave the laptop to you. We talked about more than just oral sex and saying goodnight, I had the laptop for a while before I gave it to you."

"The way you treat him doesn't sit well with me."

Amir's never brought anyone around or talked about any crushes or relationships so I've never seen how he acts around someone he's romantically involved with but I don't like it.