9

NICKIS DROPPING IN 6 HOURS

onika

I was stressed. When I woke Imani up this morning she threw up all over my feet. I called her doctor after I checked her temperature and he said it was probably the flu.

I had to clean up vomit before I even got a chance to brush my teeth this morning.

Then I had to take Amir to school and I obviously couldn't leave Imani at home so I brought her with us. Big mistake. She threw up all in my car.

My Rolls Royce.. My baby...

I tried to clean it up the best I could but I would need to get it professionally done.

Today I had a PTA meeting I needed to be at and a book club meeting and now I couldn't go to either.

That was the least of my worries, I had to deal with a sick Imani and these throw up covered clothes.

Imani was too weak to even bathe herself so I did that for her and laid her down on the couch with cartoons playing so I could deal with myself.

It only took me 10 minutes to take a shower, get dressed, and get back downstairs to take care of Imani. As a mother I know how to take showers super fast.

When I came back downstairs Imani was sleeping so I just left her alone. She was complaining about her throat hurting so I went back upstairs to look in the medicine cabinet.

As if my day couldn't get any worse, there was no kids flu medicine in here and she's too little for me to give her adult medication.

I called the only person I could, Robyn.

It's sad I can't even call her own father to bring her some medicine.

"Hello? I'm teaching a class right now."

"And you answered? I'm sorry, I forgot you're a teacher." She sure doesn't act like one.

"Fuck these kids, what did you call for?" I could hear the kids in the background responding. I have no idea why she would say that.

"Imani's sick and I was going to ask you to get her some medicine since I can't because she already threw up in my car but it's fine."

"Your baby? No way."

"Now is really not the time for small talk, go teach your class." She's trying to have a whole conversation with me and these kids are waiting for instructions.

"Hold on I'm stepping outside." I stayed quiet while she got a teacher next door to watch her class. "I can ask Bey to get it, she only teaches one class on B days."

"No I don't feel comfortable with that." I don't want to ask her to do something because she'll probably want something in return. I don't want to ask her a favor especially if it has to do with my daughter.

We've eaten lunch together on Monday and Tuesday and now it's Wednesday. It wasn't that bad, I still find her whole fork thing really weird.

"She's not a bad person, just give her a chance."

"I'll take a chance and go to the pharmacy down the street, it's fine." I have to get my car cleaned anyways so if she throws up again it won't be that bad.

"Please just let me call her."

"Fine." I hope I don't regret this.

"Okay, she'll be there soon." She hung up. She didn't even know if she was going to come yet.

She texted me a couple minutes saying Bey was on her way.

We've eaten lunch a couple times but I still don't know how I feel about her. She has to be secretly a satanist or something, nobody is that nice and friendly all the time.