21

Bey

Today was Robyn's birthday and she was having a birthday dinner at a restaurant. I already gave her - her gift, money for weed.

I also got her something more personal that I would give her at the dinner. She was my first friend when I moved here and she's kind of responsible for all the friends I have here.

I don't know how this dinner is going to go but what I do know is how Robyn gets when she's drunk. I just hope she puts someone else's business out there and not mine.

I asked her what I should wear after she invited me and she said the dress code was "real nigga."

I don't know what that means so I was just gonna wing it. I'm probably going to be extremely underdressed or overdressed.

I spent so much time trying to find "real nigga" apparel that I was late.

The restaurant was far so by the time I get there I'll be over 45 minutes late. I got in my car and started speeding to the restaurant.

When I got there, I grabbed her present out my passenger seat and ran into the restaurant.

I was about to walk around until I found the table but I could hear Robyn and Mel arguing with their strong accents.

"Bitch stop fucking dick eating all the time." That was Mel.

"We can take this outside hoe, dresses or not."

"I would hate to beat your ass on your birthday. Again."

This is all they do, threaten to beat each other up and smoke.

I walked to the table and went straight to Robyn, it was her birthday after all.

She saw me and stood up. When I got to her I gave her a hug. "Happy birthday, you look so good."

She had a light pink dress on and the edges were sparkly. Her hair was fluffy and just past her shoulder. She had a necklace with a cross that matched the sparkly part of her dress.

She pulled away and started cheesing. "Don't I?"

"You do. I've never seen you in a dress before, I like it."

"Stop trying to fuck me in front of my boyfriend, have some class."

Why does everyone think I'm trying to have sex with them all the time?

"Boyfriend?" She's never mentioned anything about a boyfriend ever.

"Yes boyfriend. Rakim!"

Some guy with the same type of braids I did on Imani stood up and came to us.

"Bey this is my boyfriend and Rakim this is Bey, we work together." There was no profanity in that sentence, I'm confused.

"Nice to meet you." I put my hand out for him to shake but he dapped me up instead.

"What's good?"

Now... I don't know if I'm just overprotective of the women in my life but I don't like him.

"I'm gonna go find a seat." I did not want to sit here and have a conversation with him.

"Wait before you go, this is Ciara. She's probably the only one you don't know here."

I don't know her but I've definitely seen her in Robyn's bed.

Robyn is so messy.

Me and the girl shared a look, I knew she knew I know. (lol)

"Nice to meet you." I held my hand out and like a normal person, she shook my hand.

She just smiled and nodded so I left to find a seat.