29

i feel like if you read any of my books and you see it's a bey pov some stuff is going down in the chapter

bey

A full week later, Robyn and I went to brunch and got drunk. It wasn't even our fault, they had bottomless mimosas1.

I don't know how we got to Onikas hose but here we were knocking on the door like the police.

She opened the door slightly out of breath and she had what I think was flour all over her. She had on Nike shorts and a t shirt on.

She looked good. I don't think I've ever seen her in shorts before, she should definitely start to wear them.

"Why are you knocking on my door like you lost your mind?"

"Are you okay?" I could tell she wasn't in a good mood.

"Bitch you look like you were having a coke party in here, let us in."

Onika rolled her eyes and opened the door wider so we could walk in.

"Damn!" Robyn yelled when Onika turned around. I side eyed her, she's so disrespectful.

Onika turned back around, "What?"

"Nothing." I elbowed Robyn to stop her from saying whatever she was thinking.

"Where's my God daughter?" Robyn must be talking about Imani.

"Out with Amir. Where are you guys coming from and why are you here again?"

"I took Robyn to brunch." I didn't have an answer for why we were here, I had no idea why we were.

"Don't say it like you took my on a mommy daughter date, we just went to brunch together."

"Mommy daughter? You could've said little sister or something to get your point across."

"You're like 10 years older than me, it definitely gave mommy daughter."

I always forget how young Robyn is, you can tell by how immature she is compared to Onika and I.

"Shut up. Onika, why are you covered in flour?"

She rolled her eyes for probably the fifth time since we've been here. "My mixer was on too high and flour got everywhere."

"Ooh! What are you making?" Robyn started sniffing the air like a dog and went into the kitchen.

"Sorry about her, she's a little drunk. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just in a bad mood and I hate drunk people."

"Good thing I'm completely sober then." I smiled and rocked back and forth on my heels. Even when I am drunk I don't act like it.

I opened my arms so I could give her a hug, I could try my best to make her day better.

She walked like a zombie over to me and laid her head on my chest. She didn't put her arms around me but I still gave her a big hug.

"Do you want us to leave? I'm sorry, we shouldn't have came over here without calling." I rubbed her back up and down, I don't know if she likes it when I do it or not but it's one of the only physical things she lets me do without having a problem with it so I think she does.

She was about to say something but before she could a loud crash in the kitchen interrupted her.

She pushed my hands off her and stormed into the kitchen. I was right on her heels, Robyn is such a child.

We walked into the kitchen and Robyn was on the floor giggling.

"Robyn go take a lap around the neighborhood."