12

some of y'all already read this but please comment again because wattpad really has me fucked up. i almost unpublished the whole thing but i didn't so be nice and comment please.

onika

We were at Amir's game and I regret bringing Imani. She kept trying to run to Bey and I had to hold her so she couldn't.

It's not her fault, she doesn't know she can't be doing all this in front of Amir. We're not technically doing anything wrong by being friends but it would be weird for him.

She woke me up at 4:00am all dressed and told me she was ready to go see BeyBey. I had to lie and tell her it was still night.

I had to take her to Augusts house right after the game, he was texting my phone talking about some "bring me my daughter."

I hate him.

Sometimes Bey would yell and both Imani and I would jump. I just remembered why I was scared of her when I first met her.

After the game ended before I could stop her, Imani ran to Bey.

She picked her up the second she noticed her, luckily Amir and the rest of the team were already in the locker room.

I grabbed my purse and walked down the bleachers to where they were. She said something to Imani and she started laughing.

"Imani what did I tell you?"

"You're being mean." She crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows, she looked like Bey a little.

"I'm not being mean you just need to learn how to listen. I said to stay with me."

"BeyBey?" I don't know what she thought calling her name was going to do.

"Listen to your mom, I'm minding my business." She looked around like we weren't here.

"Where's Robyn?" I can't believe I'm actually looking for her.

"In the locker room talking to the boys, probably."

I let Imani stay with Bey while parents came up to her to talk but I felt my phone vibrate back to back, I didn't even have to check to know it was August.

"Imani it's time to go." I already know she's about to make this harder than it needs to be.

"No!"

"You don't wanna go see daddy? He misses you."

"I wanna stay with BeyBey!" Imani was holding onto her for dear life and she didn't know what to do.

"Mani you can see me during the week, I promise. I'll get you a new hat."

"I want a basketball one. Or one for coloring."

There's no way she got Imani into her weird hat thing too.

"Okay princess. I'll see you in a couple days." She handed Imani to me and she actually let me take her.

"Bye BeyBey." Imani was wiping her eyes with her fist.

"See you soon, I promise."

I left after that. Amir was going out with his friends like he does after every basketball game.
Imani talked about Bey the whole ride to Augusts house. She wants a hat for eating dinner. I don't think she understands the whole hat thing completely.

When I pulled into his driveway I texted him, I wasn't going to get out. I was so mad at the way he was blowing my phone up.

He acts like the reason he barely sees her is because I'm keeping her away from him and not because he just doesn't want to see her.