Meeting My Rival

Sonics pov

I was walking around the shopping center when I spotted a fermilier face.

"jet is that you?"

He turned around in surprise. It really is him!

"sonic? What are you doing here!" he yelled with an unusually annoyed expression. I mean yeah we haven't seen each other since we were teens but I didn't think he'd change that much!

"I'm going shopping. What about you?"

"I'm just shopping for some supplies" he sighed "I have to find some food to fill the house"

"I see. You look tired" I pointed out.

"Well of course I'm tired" he growled "can't you see what I'm dealing with here!"

"no?" I raised an eyebrow. What's he talking about?

"Well obviously I'm talking about-" he immediately stopped and looked around in fright "bean!" he suddenly took off running.

"hey come back!" I yelled as I chased after him. I got a little lost in the crowd but eventually found him hugging a small woodpecker.

"bean you can't run off like that!" he scolded the boy "you really scared me"

"sorry papa" he muttered "I just got distracted by the shinys"

"you have a kid?" I muttered in disbelief.

"yeah what's it to ya!" he yelled as he held bean close. Just as defensive as ever!

"I think that cool" I smiled reassuringly "I have a kid too. His name is Miles perhour but he likes to be called tails. Maybe tails and bean can be friends"

"that sounds nice" jet muttered "what do you think bean-" he stopped once he realised that bean had run off once again!

"I got ya little guy!" I grabbed him using my super speed and carried him back while he giggled in my arms.

I turned to jet with a smile "how about I help you bring your shopping home. You look like you could use some help with the kid"

He sighed "that's kind of you I suppose. Fine let's get this over with!"