A Date?

Sonics pov

I paced back and forth inpatiently. The kids had decided to shut me and jet into the kitchen while they work on a surprise. It's real sweet but the problem is I hate surprises. I like being the one who works on things not being the one who waits around for the surprise!

"what do you think their working on?" jet asked.

"don't know but I hope they'll be finished soon" I grumbled "I hate surprise-"

"all done!" the kids swung the doors open "come on out!"

We walked into the living room to find the dining table covered with a red cloth, some wine and two plates set out. There were rose petals all over the floor.

"oh my god" jet muttered as his face turned red.

"have fun" tails yelled as he dragged bean away.

"those little scamps" I shook my head at them. Tails must of caught on to our weird tension. That kids far too clever for his own good!

I looked over at jet whose face was bright red. It was surprising cute! I held out my hand with a gentle smile.

"Well shall we?"

"I suppose we shouldn't waste the kids hard work" he took my hand with a red face

And so we sat down and talked. By the end of the night we were holding hands and drinking wine. I guess the kids little date night ended up working after all!